Goodnight Tootsie…You Will Be Missed-Aug 21/06 to Feb 8/08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I got a PM from a very distraught Zooy tonight apologizing to me. She said Mike found Tootsie in her cage just recently gone. :(

Since I was the Bronlings original mom she wanted me to know right away. I offered to do a memorial for our sweet Tootsie since Zooy was so upset.

So here we go...

Once upon a time, in an apartment in Toronto a bunch of Bronlings were born. One of them was a sweet, spunky little black berk soon named Tootsie by her Mom-to-be.

Her first belly shot at 8 days old
blackberkgirlsfirstbellyshot8daysol.jpg

Sleeping Tootsie at 10 days old
kissableberkygirlbelly10daysold.jpg

11 days old and already a stunner!
blackberkgirl11daysold.jpg

Tootsie is getting ready to run as soon as those eyes open
blackberkgirlthinksshesafrog14dayso.jpg

We have eyes! 18 days old
Zooysblackberkgirl18daysold.jpg

Having a snooze at 23 days old
blackberkgirl23daysold.jpg

Tootsie at 29 days old
Tootsie29daysold.jpg

Tootsie at 36 days old
Tootsie36daysold.jpg

My favourite memory of Tootsie was how she would lie on her back, showing off her fantastic berky belly and chewing on those toes of hers. She would even let me hold her sides gently from falling so she could groom on her back. She was such a wee trusting thing.
Zooysgirllooovesthatfoot17daysold.jpg

Then she went home to her wonderful loving Mom Zooy where she made new friends and had a wonderful time, until it was her time to leave.
Tootsie all grown up and beautiful…she never changed :mrgreen:
whiskers.jpg

tootsie1.jpg

I love you Mommy, don’t cry! :heart:
fattootsie.jpg

I am so very sorry Zooy and Shelagh ...
Thank you for sharing your memories and pictures of Tootsie :heart:
Tootsie :heart: sounds like a very special girl.
She had a wonderful life with you.
Take good care ...

She's was gorgeous little rat, that had a fantastic and full life.
Thanks for sharing her story and photos.

I am so sorry. What a lovely girl she was! Great memorial tribute, Shelagh. I especially loved that first belly shot.

Zooy, it must be so hard for you losing her when you weren't there to say goodbye. Take care of yourself.

Thank yo everyone for their support. Tootsies really like my heart rat. I was most attached to her.
Ever since I saw Shelaghs post with the Bronlings, I knew I wanted that all black female and I fell in love. I got in a fight with a friend about her because I was willing to go to Toronto to get her. I miss her and she'll be in my heart.

I also believe that I will be getting a tattoo of her.
Because of her death, I've decided that we will be getting a new apt. We've had so many die there and I no longer want to live there.
But I found the most amazing pet friendly apt in Peterborough today with everything I've ever wanted for an apt.
Thank you everyone for their support.

Back