Good Day All

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesBC

Having been a troll here for sometime, thought I would intro and ask a question.

I have had girls for sometime now, mostly they where all SPCA and most times never knew how old they where. A friend of my wife and I is the Vet that checks over every animal brought into our local SPCA. Wife is on the council for our local SPCA, 1200 needed friends where brought, dumped, or rescued in the last year.

This time though have two girls that where not quite 5 wks old when they arrived. In the almost 3 wks since they have shown who is the shy one and which one is the trouble maker, which would be Lilly who seems to just love running on the keyboard when I am trying to type something.

Now a question, I see most on here use the water bottle's on side of cage. I never have, always use water bowl. I have two in their home which are refilled twice a day. Many times I see them perched on the bowl, water flying as they groom themselves with water.

Well enough, from sunny BC, Canada, hello and bye.

Having been a troll here for sometime, thought I would intro and ask a question.

I have had girls for sometime now, mostly they where all SPCA and most times never knew how old they where. A friend of my wife and I is the Vet that checks over every animal brought into our local SPCA. Wife is on the council for our local SPCA, 1200 needed friends where brought, dumped, or rescued in the last year.

This time though have two girls that where not quite 5 wks old when they arrived. In the almost 3 wks since they have shown who is the shy one and which one is the trouble maker, which would be Lilly who seems to just love running on the keyboard when I am trying to type something.

Now a question, I see most on here use the water bottle's on side of cage. I never have, always use water bowl. I have two in their home which are refilled twice a day. Many times I see them perched on the bowl, water flying as they groom themselves with water.

Well enough, from sunny BC, Canada, hello and bye.

You could have both.:) Waterbottles are better for more sanitary water LOL. I have some rats here with bowls and they keep them clean, another group like to pretend they are birds at the birdbath, but they also have a waterbottle so they don't run out...and others make their water absolutely filthy in less than 12 hours :)

Welcome, cannot wait to "meet" your new girlies :D

Greetings from the East coast!
My ratties have a couple of water bowls. I do have to wash them daily as they get skunky pretty easily.

Welcome! I only use water bowls in my cage. Every colony I've had all have preferred the bowl to the bottle so now I don't even bother with a bottle anymore.

Back