Going to Toronto on Vacation...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaTrexica

This is the first time we will be away since we brought home the boys last June.

I'm entrusting their care to my Mother, who has confessed hesitation in handling them. I'm of course going to have her over and have her handle them with me here. I will make sure she's comfortable, but she's really the only option as far as feeding them while we are gone. I'm sure after spending some time with them she will be smitten, I think she's just genuinely afraid they will bite her. After seeing that that is the furthest thing from their mind, I'm positive everything will be fine.

Is there anything I can do to help her get familiar with them?

On a side, non-rat note, I know the majority of members on here live in Canada, would you guys have any recommendations for us when we visit?

Hey, I live in Toronto. There are many things you can do and see here. Lots of old buildings, there's the CN Tower, theatres, great shopping (Eaton's included), Hockey Hall of Fame if you're a sports fan, the Toronto Zoo, the Science Centre can be fun, The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) - which is kinda snazzy :)...drawing a blank on other things haha

If you have transportation means, there's lots to see and do in Niagara Falls - an hour and half from Toronto.

Thanks so much! It looks to be a gorgeous place, I'm really excited to see it in person. I live four hours away here in Michigan, so it's such a short drive we'll be able to spend quite a lot of time there. We probably will drive out to see Niagara Falls, but my fiance isn't too keen on driving further than he has to. I think once we're there and so close he'll want to make the extra trip, though.

I'll look up the Science Center and ROM, which both sound really interesting. I'm not a real fan of zoos, but with everything else you have in your gorgeous city, I'm sure we'll have a really full trip. I think just walking around shopping will be fun, much to the chagrin of the fiance of course. 8*)

Thanks so much!

Back