Going to Need a Little Help - Donation Thread RIP Tresor:/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I HATE asking but I have to this time. :sad3:

There are 2 little gals in Montreal, that Vic told me were in very bad shape. The SPCA is overrun with animals right now, so I said I would take them. Victoria luckily was able to take them home last night, but sadly my funds are seriously finite right now and they are going to need help.

The first girl looks like a hiimilayan, she's in okay body condition, but she has a very large tumour under her neck but from what I can tell its a mammary tumour high up on her chest (the shoulder pushes it up)...this is very fixable with Dr Munn but I will have to get money together for her surgery. I emailed Jorats for lovely french names for these sweeties as they are French. I am going to call this one Esprit which means spirit. :D

The 2nd girl...wow. You really hate people after seeing this girl. She's emaciated, covered in scabs, sneezing. She tries to groom and falls over, she wobbles around, and it really looks like she has PT. Its very hard to see her like that but when you get past the shock of her appearance you notice that she is a very determined little girl...grooming is to be done in the upright position, fall over and she gets right back up and continues. Vic and I both saw this and knew she needed a chance at a real life. We were prepared to let her go if she wasn't saveable.

Vic got her home and gave her some soft food and she ate and ate and ate. We assume she's been unable to eat the hard food that her friend got, and was slowly starving to death.

Vic also messaged me while i was asleep that she has bad malocclusion, and we think its inner ear infection instead of PT :joy:

She sent me this video last night of her eating a cereal puff...I have watched it over and over...I have also decided to call her Tresor which means treasure. :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTk1qnQ4 ... e=youtu.be

If you can spare anything my paypal is [email protected] *blush*

:heart: :heart:

Wish I could help .... but jobless and living in poverty
You are all in my thoughts and prayers

Hope others are able to donate a bit so the girls get the chance they deserve at a good life

:joy: that it may just be an inner ear infection! :)

i will donate, but i have nothing in my paypal right now and im sure most of you know how long it takes to transfer money. But as soon as its in my paypal i shall send it to you. Good luck!

She is beautiful. Thank you for taking in these little girls. Your home will always be better than the craphole they were in before.

You've helped everyone so much on this forum with your advice and care, lilspaz. I wish so bad I could help you out now, so bad. But I'm 16, don't have a paypal, don't have a job, don't even have a bank account.... :(

Aida said:
She is beautiful. Thank you for taking in these little girls. Your home will always be better than the craphole they were in before.

You've helped everyone so much on this forum with your advice and care, lilspaz. I wish so bad I could help you out now, so bad. But I'm 16, don't have a paypal, don't have a job, don't even have a bank account.... :(

Just send your good wishes :heart:

When I get back home I'll EMT you. :)

That second girl... Broke my heart. She reminds me of my mom's River, with the massive mite infestation and malnutrition. :(

At first yesterday we had some good videos of her exploring, falling down once but hopping right back up, turning from right to left, not just circling. She had gained weight with all her crazy eating too. Sadly little girl started to regress yesterday afternoon, and by late evening was in bad shape, shape in which she couldn't stand on her own anymore, but if you put that spoon near her mouth she would still gobble food :( The antibiotics and care just came too late for her poor damaged body, her spirit was huge but her flesh was really weak, in fact the vet was surprised she held on so long :undecided:. IF she doesn't pass on her own overnight, then Vic has a 9 am appointment to let her go. I am so very very sad we couldn't save her but it looks like the untreated inner ear infection penetrated to her brain and once that happens, there's nothing you can do...she also started up with some horrible congested breathing as everything started to shut down.

I will update more once I know more. :sad3:

Her sister, a caring protective soul is always with or near Tresor...she lies cuddled up to her and over her, trying to stop the inevitable. I think this beautiful little rat is going to be grieving very hard. :heart:

aug4espritovertresor.jpg~original

Sorry I cant donate anything to help these lovely girls, if I didn't owe my vet so much money I would have donated a couple of pounds. :(
I hope the little Tresor stays stable enough to get to the vet in time. :sad3:
Wishing them all the best, sending healing vibes.

Oh I just saw this thread! Those poor sweet girls! How are things going? Is Esprit still in need of assistance with her surgery?

Tresor was put to sleep at 11 am this morning, her sister is very very lost. :sad3:

We are giving her a week to grieve alone, hoping we might find a ride to Ottawa. Then Kate would pick her up for the next leg of her journey.

Back