girls humping girls?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pscychopomp

My new girl appears to be in heat and Freyja keeps humping her like crazy. I was wondering if that's common or if it's another one of her weirdo behaviours. Is it ok to keep them together? I don't want her getting stressed out being humped all the time.

and on the subject of being in heat, I have seen Freyja in heat (first time I witnessed the vibrating ears, so funny), she's been doing it since I got her at 2.5 months, and now this new one is doing it at approx 9 weeks, yet I have never seen Thora display anything and she's a bit older than the new girl. Is that abnormal?

Perfectly normal. I have noticed since all my girls had their spay, no one does it anymore.

I have 5 girls and I see this often, I think it's more a matter of asserting dominance then being in heat. Or it could be both, but it's perfectly normal. :) Female rats are silly little creatures lol.

Yep, it's pretty standard behaviour. One of my funniest memories of Corrie's daughters (I fostered all nine, kept five) was of them chasing each other around their play area when they were in heat. They had all the moves!

i have two girls, Muirenn is ALWAYS in heat ever fourth day and she shows it a lot - running around like a rocket, shaking the ears, hopping, etc. etc. Clodagh never shows she is in heat, never ever. I don't even know if she has ever had one oO. Clodagh always knows when Mu-mu is in heat and humps her. It is SO funny! She does a little leg shake that cracks me up laughing. Muirenn almost taunts her to do it

Muirenn never does it to Clodagh though

my girls and boys do this. i think it's just a way to show/display dominance. and when i say my boys and girls, i don't mean together! :giggle: my two girls do it the most. while i catch my boys occasionally doing it to eachother.

Back