Girls abandoned in McAdam, NB - and a third pregnancy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Pictures copied from : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... =1&theater
Person that has them (Michelle) has stated on facebook that the 6 girls are not pregnant
Not yet treated with revolution as a precaution.
For details see : viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25316

youngdumbogirl.jpg

1. young dumbo girl - available for adoption now

youngblackcapedgirl.jpg

2. young black caped girl - available for adoption now

dumboblackcappedgirl.jpg

3. sweet black hooded dumbo girl - available for adoption now

femalesiamese.jpg

4. siamese girl - available for adoption now

creamcappedgirlwithbadbites.jpg

5. cream capped girl with bad bites - available for adoption now, has not recieved medical care yet

creamcappeddumbogirl.jpg

6. cream capped dumbo girl - she has given birth to 10 babies (June 16)
For info. re her litter, please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25452

bluegirlwithheadtilt.jpg

7. blue girl with head tilt - available for adoption now, head tilt reported to be stable. She has not recieved medical care yet

yongmama.jpg

8. young mama

14babiesbornJune08.jpg

13 surviving babies born June 8
For further info about this litter, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25451&p=352590#p352590

Joanne said:
Are any of the other girls obviously pregnant, ie ready to pop?

ALL girls will "pop" before the Ontario Rat Fest, so I will have to revisit adoption at that time (approx 2.5 weeks).

Can this woman weigh the girls daily on a scale?

I am wondering about the feasibility of an e-spay next week, or if it would be too late to do at that point. ie get rat on Saturday, earliest day would be Monday. Haven't been able to talk to the vet yet, have a call in.

I have a friend who lost one of her females last night and is looking to get a younger girl to keep her other female company. I told her about these abandoned rats in Freddy town, and she is very interested. She would much rather adopt a homeless rat, than have to resort to getting one from a pet store. But, because she's worried how her now lone female will do, she may have to resort to that if she can't find one to adopt.
Her only concern is pregnancy, which she said she can't deal with. Do you know if there are any girls who for sure aren't pregnant? If not, I think the next best option would be waiting for one of the litters to be ready for adoption.
How would she go about applying to adopt a female? I would love to get the information and pass it on to her asap. Also, would there be any possibility of having someone able to transport them to St. Andrews, NB? I may be able to convince her to get two younger females instead of just one :)
And, there is a possibility that I may be able to take in a few. I'm very likely getting a FN within the next few days, which will give me a decent spare cage- plus, another friend of mine said she's willing to give me her old rat cage as a backup/spare- so I'll hopefully have some room to help out.
I would even consider fostering a pregnant female/litter- if I could get some help when it comes to finding homes for the babies. As I will be having a baby myself in a few days, and having 20 extra rats would be a bit much to handle for years to come. But, I really want to help out in this unfortunate situation.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

These girls need good homes ....
As far as I know, none have been adopted, and none have recieved needed medical care.

People are now very interested in the babies, but no one appears interested in any of these girls.

3 or 4 girls may have a home.
Another girl is pregnant ..... they were abandoned 19 days ago so she must be very close to giving birth or else she is having back to back litters.
No idea which girl is pregnant or which girls may have a home as information has not been provided.

If anyone would like more information please see the facebook group for Maritime Rat Rescue Group or email the woman who has them.
For info. please email: [email protected]

I will no longer be trying to update this thread due to the complete lack of information.

I sincerely hope these girls get the medical treatment they so desperately need.
As far as I am aware, they have not recieved medical treatment :(

I also hope that they all find wonderful loving homes.

Back