Getting ready for the 30 hour drive

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So we're getting ready to finally hit the road with the whole crew and make the 30 hour drive to South Carolina then down to Texas :panic:

I've got them all sterile bins have then ready to go. I'm going to be putting them with their closest friends. The bins are 39"x18" so they will have room to move around and for their things. I can just fit all 8 of them in the vehicle. The only one who doesn't have a spot on the bus yet is Miss Lola. She is so unpredictable when stressed that I'm not sure she should ride with the other girls or not. But she will be more stressed if she doesn't. My fear is a fight breaking out and not being able to pull over and stop it. Maybe I'll put her and one other girl in a smaller bin up near the front.

The boys journey ends at South Carolina. From snake food to US immigrants, long journey for these little men. It's about a 15 hour drive (with no stops and probably more depending on how long it takes to cross the boarder) from here to there. We've done it in one day before, but this time we are going split it in half and do it in two days. When we drop the boys of we're going to stay the night there, then head out in the morning. It's about a 17 hour drive, again no stops, from there to Texas. So we're going to split that up into two days as well. I'm hoping I can get them all out to run around in the bathroom at the hotels.

The boys new family is really great. The man is a orthopaedic surgeon and the head of surgery or the hospital or something. I can't remember! His wife stays home with the kids so the boys will have lots of attention and no lack of medical care. They have their CN's set up and waiting for them.

What I'm looking forward to the least, the fights that are going to happen between the girls when they are in a new environment. Why can't we all just get along?

Gunna be a crazy trip. Wonder how they'll like Texas? And the boys South Carolina!

Good luck! Sounds like they are going to a nice family. Just a shame about the distance! Let us know how you get on. :)

Hopefully the stress will make them all huddle together and hunker down instead of scrapping. I wish you a safe and uneventful journey. Good luck!

Back