Getting meds into rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the psyching them out with the second treat syringe an interesting idea.
Might work if you are smarter than your rat .... unfortunately, I think my rats are probably smarter than me :wink2:

We have 12 rats on meds (some up to 4 meds each) and Coolwhip has ALWAYS worked for us. Everyone has their own colored spoon and thinks it's treat time! Coolwhip has worked like a charm for over 8 years now. :bunnydance:

Debbie said:
We have 12 rats on meds (some up to 4 meds each) and Coolwhip has ALWAYS worked for us. Everyone has their own colored spoon and thinks it's treat time! Coolwhip has worked like a charm for over 8 years now. :bunnydance:
Oh, nice idea. Most of mine don't mind what I've had to give them. If I get a stubborn one, I'll have to try this.

Debbie said:

I'm off to buy some Coolwhip as my girl is not cooperating! Thank you!

Some of my boys were on meds on and off for a while, and I had a few tricks to get it in, but what worked for ALL of them was just giving the medication in the cage. I would put the syringe in through the bars and they would be so defensive over their 'treat' that no matter what I was giving them, they sucked it back. If I tried this outside of the cage, they would refuse it. Maybe some of you can use that to your advantage. :3

Back