Getting a new cage soon! pics pg.2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryelle

:bunnydance: :dance:

I've spent the last few days drooling over cages and discussing them with members in chat :)
I spoke with my mum today about getting a larger cage - I live in her house so it is up to her what I bring into the house, and im not one to disrespect that. So we discussed it and she thinks it's a good idea.

Next week I will be ordering...
AN EXPLORER!!! :D (think CN meets FN)

28900.jpg

It is so big compared to my current Freddy2. The rat's will not know what's hit them! I love my Freddy but I am getting so frustrated with the way I have to clean it, and that I can not fit anything in it. Now that I have Muirenn, who is a wheel addict, I need to have one in there and there just isn't enough room to have a 12" wheel AND anything else! I am getting a new wheel (silent spinner) that will attach to the bars because the wodent wheel needs it's own shelf that drives me insane too lol. Also, I don't feel that there is enough room in the Freddy for three adult rats, even if two of them are girls (and cage calculator says 4-5 rats :roll: )

I will be ordering it as soon as my money comes through which should be by the end of the week :)

I am so excited!

:joy:
ordered the cage :D I should get it next week or the week after. I should hopefully find out tomorrow or monday what the estimated delivery date is once they have processed my order.

Ordered some stuff to go inside it too :giggle: ...and also got some material today to make up some new hammocks...

I was about to ask that... I would reccomend pet world direct, the service is apparently really good. And they were the first UK group to stock the cage.

That cage looks fantastic! You're going to have a lot of fun decorating it.

Just a comment on the Wodent Wheel - you actually can hang them inside the cage. I hang a Wobust in my CN and it works great. You just use very securely attached zip ties on the stand to secure it to the top or side of the cage on the outside, with the wheel center sticking into the cage. It works really well.

Jennalyn said:
Just a comment on the Wodent Wheel - you actually can hang them inside the cage. I hang a Wobust in my CN and it works great. You just use very securely attached zip ties on the stand to secure it to the top or side of the cage on the outside, with the wheel center sticking into the cage. It works really well.

The stand is too much of a faff for me, having to actually tie it down drives me insane. It is really noisy and bounces even when tied down. Plus one (not sure who) of my rats is using it as a toilet and i am going out of my mind dismantling it twice a week to clean it out (plus i lost the washers a long time ago and have a belly button bar in there haha).

Got an email today saying they have recieved my cage order and are processing. Hopefully will have a delivery date soon!
The other online shopping i did (silent spinner, tube, treats, lots of stuff for my fish tank so pics of that will be up soon, cant remember what else..) have been dispatched and should be here in a few days :D
Im sewing a hammock set, the rats are NOT touching any of these new things until the new cage is here and built

May have to take the day off college so im in when its delivered :giggle:

So... half of the cage is here...
I had a note saying theyd tried to deliver something and couldnt so i rang up and they said it was two massive boxes (a.k.a one rat cage :D). Me and my friend jumped in her car and drove down to go collect it. When we got there the woman told us that only ONE of the boxes was there.. and the other hadn't been shipped yet :doh:
They are getting it overnight tonight and are going to deliver it tomorrow.

I've got the stand, and bottom part of the cage.. sort of lol. Im still missing the pans off the shelves and the whole top section of the cage (apart from the very top of it which was in this box :roll:). It is massive, and i have no idea how i am going to fit it into our computer room. Ive said to my mam it is either going to have to go downstairs or in my room and she said no way - and will try and sort room for it tomorrow.

I am yet to tell her i will have to take the day off uni to wait for this parcel coming through..... she is going to hit the roof!

Will post pics later/tomorrow

..yeah..
its just annoying that we went all the way to this depot today and the guy didnt even tell me on the phone when i called beforehand that there was only one part of it, i would have waited until they delivered both boxes tomorrow. Now i need to miss a day of Uni for it and i have group projects and my group is going to be so annoyed :?

Yay!
The second part was dropped off this morning. I am just trying to build it now (damn wheels are difficult to get on without putting a hole in the wall lol), so i will post pics once its built!

here we go..
One of the packages lol
2010_0310newcage0001.jpg

bottom half
2010_0311newcage0001.jpg

yeah... its huge...
2010_0310newcage0002.jpg

2010_0311newcage0004.jpg

We have a cracked pan :( think i might give them a call, not sure yet
2010_0311newcage0009.jpg

New stuff to go in it!! :joy:
2010_0311newcage0002.jpg

And Patrick exploring, he was very excited but a little scared of the ramps lol
2010_0311newcage0007.jpg

2010_0311newcage0008.jpg

2010_0311newcage0006.jpg

Having lunch and then i may decorate. Not sure when the kids are allowed to move in, thats up to the mother lol

Its not very exciting. I have a purple and a yellow extendable tubes to tie to the sides, a wood log thing to go in, a grey ferret tube, and loads of shredded newspaper to go in too, and of course food bowls, water bottles, etc. I have some hammocks pinned together but i haven't had the time to sew them lately so i will put them in later - for now they can do with the two that came with the cage.

Got newspaper on the bottom because i *think* the tray is just deep enough for me to get a thin layer of catlitter down. Ill find out later.

Top:
2010_0311pan0004.jpg

Bottom:
2010_0311pan0003.jpg

I hope Muirenn likes her new wheel :?

ETA: I've emailed Pet World Direct about the cracked tray, hopefully they will send me another one but i suppose its not the end of the world if they dont

Back