German Fiance - Starting Over...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, aside from cutting driving time down getting all neccissary information to file for my petition by family (love my family) I'm not gonna get any financial help from that long lost sister...

She has all this money that was inherited that she never split amongst myself and the other of my 4 siblings after our father past away. She lied about it, then when we found out about it she claimed she was only keeping it a secret and planned to split it when we were all at least 18yrs of age. But when our youngest brother turned 18 she moved it up to 21yrs of age...

Not to mention through a series of other family events she utterly betrayed alot of us other siblings that I won't go into detail with. But rather then demand from her to give me my fair share of the inheritence I so rightly have ownership to, I begged her to help with the immigration filing fees. Her response is that my fiance basically needed to man up and do it all on his own.

Um people... I'm sorry here but, since when does only the MAN do all the work here? I thought in regards to a marriage, both spouses help each other out here equally, emotionally, spiritually, physically and finanically. He's doing what he can despite he's in a remote part of Germany, middle of nowhere, where its a town that makes money off tourism and fishing, his family is rather poor I guess by some standards but they live happily so I can't call them poor. But with only ONE car in their family that his father needs to get to work and they living together in one small aprtment, and NO avaliable job in his town because its all taken, RIDDLE me this, how is he supposed to make a living or even get to that living eh?

Luckily he's gotten a job monitoring gaming sites thanks to a good friend of ours, it's not a huge living but its better then nothing, the point of the matter is, is that my own flesh n blood sister won't lift a finger to help us, even when I begged...never asking anything of her before and being one of the more loyal siblings of the family and reliable in regards to: not blowing money off on fun, getting a job and keeping it, staying in school and being the first to get a degree out of ALL of us... gah... :cry4: I just don't understand why it has to be so hard.

Well, I feel like I signed my soul away when I signed the contract with our attorney, but at the same time he's confident in our case and has been very supportive (he's gotta be after all the down payment I made to him). We're now offically going through Stage 1. of our quest to get my fiance here, which is filing for the petition. $940.... :thud: $340 for the govt. fee, the rest is for his services... I'm financially crippled a bit, almost took everything I had in my account :(

Luckily though my fiance got a job and he's giving me all his earnings for us to keep saving for the next Stage 2. of filing for the actual visa once our petition is accepted. "IF" ya... that being the only worry at this point, but I'd like to assume "WHEN", I must stay confident right? Stage 2. won't be as exepensive as Stage 1. in regards to the govt. fee and attorney fees, but it will still require more money for me to fly up to Germany to support him in his interview. Ya... my attorney insists that I fly up there to be there for the meeting to show more intentional proof that this is a REAL marriage we're going through, apparently that's becoming traditional with these things. Afterwards once he gets the Visa, we can fly back to my home (should say our home offically by then) and get married. To which now we gotta worry about Stage 3. but I don't want to go into that, because that's the most expensive part out of the three...

I guess I post on here now, if not for the sweet ladies here and their moral support, but I guess to share my knowledge in what a pain emotionally and financially and travel wise of a time this process is...and to ALWAYS be prepared, I'm learning that the hard way.

Back