Gerber FYI

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
I know quite a few buy Gerber baby food products for their rats here and I just wanted to give a heads up. It's up to you if you want to continue buying it, all depends if you agree that GMO is safe or not but I figured we should all be aware of this info.

According to a recent post by GMO Free USA, one Gerber product, a part of the Graduates line called lil’ Crunchies is a particularly awful one. GMO Free USA writes that these snacks are chock full of Roundup-laced, GMO pesticide-producing whole grain yellow corn meal and corn oil, Roundup-laced sugar, and, in some varieties, GMO-fed cow milk, GMO corn, soy, sugar, and canola.

What’s more is this: “To compound this, the corn is, itself, a pesticide registered with and regulated by the EPA. It produces Bt toxin pesticides from within every cell of the plant and kills insects that try to eat it. Gerber will tell you that GMOs are safe. But there have been NO HUMAN health trials and there is mounting evidence to the contrary,” writes GMO Free USA.

The American Association of Pediatrics Policy states: “Epidemiologic evidence demonstrates associations between early life exposure to pesticides and pediatric cancers, decreased cognitive function, and behavioral problems.” In other words, this type of snack is terrible for little ones! Until Gerber goes free of these ingredients, opt for your own healthy snacks for your children. Here are some that they will love, sans the horrible GMOs and pesticides:

:shocking::shocking::shocking:
Keep in mind that our rats live very short lives and should be subjected to a high quality diet in order to somewhat lengthen that lifespan.

Ugh, this is so frustrating and angering on so many levels. I give my rats wall mart-brand puff snacks for babies, I hope it isn't the same.

Back