Gender?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rat is not in my possession yet...the cage is sitting next to my other rat currently waiting to be occupied. I've owned many rodents over the years, and I'm intelligent enough to understand what the word "quarantine" means.

...I didn't know that when I was buying rats I'd have to purchase another house too. That would have swayed my decision in getting them.

stacip said:
The rat is not in my possession yet...the cage is sitting next to my other rat currently waiting to be occupied. I've owned many rodents over the years, and I'm intelligent enough to understand what the word "quarantine" means.

...I didn't know that when I was buying rats I'd have to purchase another house too. That would have swayed my decision in getting them.
Nobody said that you weren't intelligent, nor did it sound as if from what I read anyone was trying to imply that your intellect was compromised in light of the meaning of the word "quarantine."

I think what MiniFrog was trying to say is that it's preferable to quarantine your new rat in a friend's house or something because a lot of contagious diseases can be airborne and infect and kill your current rat(s). Plus, going over to a friend's house to interact with your new rat, at least for the quarantine period, is just so much easier because that way it's so much less of a risk of transmitting diseases between the two.

And... Welcome to the forum! Haven't seen you around here before, so I'll assume you're new here (then again, if you weren't new here, then right about now I sound like a total idiot :D )

I don't understand why you're not waiting to see if the female has male babies... It's so hard to find good homes for rats.

Because my ex-boyfriend is taking her, which I have already said. I don't have contact with him, as he is an ex-boyfriend, and he doesn't live anywhere near me. He has said he knows people who may take some of them.

...I hope this has aided in your understanding...

Back