Galileo, Medici, Loki, Johari and Rufus...a Family 3/3/12

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boys arrived last night but I didn't manage to get many decent pics of them. My apartment is not well lit at night, so this is why you see a LOT of pics posted on weekends, natural light and daylight :wink2:

Medici. Jenny did a good job rehabbing this skinny boy. His coat is softening, his fur is thickening up. He looks good...Good Job! :thumbup: There's no way he's a year old though, I would say 18 months minimum.

aug25Medici2.jpg

aug25Medici3.jpg

aug25Medici.jpg

Galileo. Much older boy, not 18 months, but older a lot closer to 2 or beyond. From his feet, stance, body shape, etc. Sweet sweet boy, he totally has a Sugah face (like Pocky). He is fur is thinning everywhere and he is still covered in scabs from his infestation of buggies. This boy bruxxes practically when you touch him...I see many cuddle sessions in our future, which Medici wandering up to say hello, then wandering away to explore a little. :p His fur is softening too, but its now old man pelty fur.

aug15Galileo2.jpg

aug25Galileosbutt.jpg

aug25Galileo.jpg

We were worried that they would have NO clue about ramps and climbing and shelves but this morning I found them in the upstairs hammock. :D Unfortunately they only go in there one at a time, and don't know what a rat pile in a hammock is yet. :giggle:

aug26Gali.jpg

aug26Mediciontopshelf.jpg

:joy:
They figured out the ladders!!!!!

I was so concerned that they would have trouble.
:heart: I already miss these 2 so much! They are some of the sweetest rats I have met (shh, don't tell my crew I said that!)

Gali and Medici have been here for 3 days now...and are relaxing nicely. They still prefer to hide under something but are slowly getting braver :)

Galileo is a chubby, stocky, sweet boy. Definitely the braver and older of the two. He loooves exploring :)

aug28Galileo2.jpg

aug28Galileo4.jpg

Smells, lots of smells!!
aug28Galileo3.jpg

But he has a mucky eye, I shall watch
aug28Galileo1.jpg

Medici is more unsure and shy, but is very very sweet. He loves to have me put my face over him so he feels covered up. He comes to me for protection from the Scary.

aug28Medici3.jpg

aug28Medici2.jpg

aug28Medici4.jpg

But eventually he goes back to the rocking chair with the clean hammocks piled on top...its his comfort zone. :p
aug28Medici1.jpg

And the story continues...Medici, Galileo met the spayed girls Johari, and Loki, and after Rufus was neutered for hormonal aggression, he joined them to make a happy group of 5 :thumbup:

Loki is still very shy and loves her ratfriends but is still quite frightened of people and would prefer NOT to be handled. I let her out and she puts herself back in her cage quite quickly...sometimes she wanders for a bit but if I have closed up the cage she just climbs to the top and sleeps there waiting for me to let her back in. :mrgreen: No pics of her today but here's one from Feb. 19th. :roll:

feb19Loki.jpg

Medici goes through modes of spooky to very cuddly, which is fine. He's a happy boy as well but they are definitely getting older at 26 months of age. He also hates his picture taken LOL

mar3Medici2.jpg

mar3Medici.jpg

Rufus is another one who is too busy for pics...he allowed me ONE non-blurry one, where he was in the frame and facing me He's gorgeous and a nice big boy, so to his dismay I grab him up, squish, and cuddle him him. :giggle:

mar3Rufus.jpg

Galileo's HED has kicked in and he's got what looks like a tumour behind his left side hind leg...I am hoping its just an abscess (as that is how it started but I am not thinking so anymore)...nothing stops him, since he cannot run with the HED anymore, he hops and he's fast! He's still got the widest head I have ever neen on a rat...never had a URI yet, I wonder if there's some correlation? He's also cuddly and sweet to boot!

mar3Galileo3.jpg

mar3Galileo2.jpg

mar3Galileo.jpg

And Johari. Funny, silly and very happy Johari...do I get one nice pose pic? Nope I get her running around playing with me :lol:

mar3Johari2.jpg

mar3Johari.jpg

mar3Johari3.jpg

Back