FURminator for dogs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltowngirl

http://www.furminator.com/ I ordered a large one from Ebay and we LOVE it!(I paid $20.50 including shipping and received it within 4 days!)My German Shepherd (Ace) had "Happy Tail" the whole time I was using it! I highly recommend this to ANYONE with a shedding dog for sure! :thumbup:

Wow, what a coincidence! My sister and I were at the vet today with her dog Roxie. One of the tech grabbed her brush and brushed down the dog. I couldn't believe how well that brush worked on Roxie. Nic asked for what kind it was because she'll be picking one up... it's the Furminator!!!!
I'll have to tell Nic about Ebay. Apparently, the large retails for $65 in pet stores here.

I checked the link and that's exactly how it looked like for Roxie with all that fur all around her. too funny!

My sister has the Furminator for her dog and it works extremely well. Sometimes you can find the Furminator for sale in a special package, for about the same price as just the brush itself, that includes a few other items as well (but of course, I can't remember what those other items are right now)! :D

That looks really cool. I might tell the ladies about it at work. One of them has 3 or 4 long haired dogs (she keeps bringing new dogs in to the place every other day.. and they all look the same, just a different shade of colour O.O)

I can promise everyone~It works wonderful! The best thing I have ever used for a shedding dog! I was sweeping my house 2-4 times a day before(Dog, my family, and daycare kids) and today you can't even tell I have a dog!

Oh yes, FURminator products are the best. I am required to be educated on their products where I work. Try their shampoo and dog treats as well. The treats make their coats soft and silky and also help reduce shedding from the inside out. Their products are on th pricey side, but they are well worth it. Plus-their dog cologne smells sooooo good, I sometimes spray myself with it!

I really do not like them......yes they take out a lot of hair but I found they damage the hair and after a while the dog will look ragged like it has lots of split ends.......maybe to use once in a while or during really heavy shedding periods.

FURminators do work well but not on all hair types. And as Dahlas said, it should probably only be used sparingly, though I've never seen a dog go through any particular coat damage.

Bamboo does a similar comb that is much cheaper, and all the groomers I have asked said it does exactly the same thing.

http://www.bamboopet.com/dogs/grooming/

what makes this brush different to/ better than any other brush?

I mentioned it to my boss today and she said she has seen them but prefers other brushes (think its cus the brushes she gets for free because she is sponsored by a certain company - not naming names)

The furminator is used specifically for pulling out undercoat. It is not a brush as it is made for removing hair, not just neatening it up.

Like Moon said, it's made for the undercoat. Gets all the dead nasty fine hair out of my dog-I used it on my mother in laws rat terrier and though he is a little fatty he still isn't that large of a dog, well the hair we got off of him filled a grocerie bag-gross!

I LOVE!! the Furminator. There are knock offs available as well but I have heard they have problems with premature breakage.

You would be amazed at the number of people who don't even realize how much dead undercoat their pet has until I pull out the Furminator (of course on some of them I can SEE it hanging out) and start brushing.

I find a regular comb works better for the very fluffy breeds (Samoyeds, Malamutes, etc.) but for everything else I wouldn't go without the furminator.

I use an under coat rake for my cats and it does the same thing. But mind you I prefer to use your standard greyhound comb (LOVE that name LOL) on my kitties and I find it works wonders. I am still contemplating buying one of these but I'd rather save my money for vet bills.

Back