Funny rat names

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureRats

I'm just curious what funny names you've guys have named your rats. I've had a:

Gravy
Egbert
and not really a funny name but Gravy's brothers where:
Larry, Larry and they other brother Larry (I couldn't tell them apart to safe my life)

I also had 3 rescue rats who each where missing a leg they where:

Ilene (because she leaned to the left)
Irene (because she leaned to the right)
Trike
and just a pic of my "army" rats!!
l_2f54ea68c69006b24f62fc729d2f4af0.jpg

I had 3 girls who I named Larry, Curly & Moe. They were from one of the first litters of babies that came to my house. They were a team of silly girls right from the start and I kept them mainly because no one ever wanted 3 rats and I didn't want to split them up.

Those are great names.
The only really funny ones maybe... my three pews: Purple Moose, Blue Silas and Bobby Green. The colour in their names matched their sharpied tails.

There's also Sven. He was originally names Seven because he had a perfect black seven on his back when young. As he grew bigger, it got distorted so we shorten it to Sven.

I also have Andy LaFleche, cause his markings near the back looks like an arrow.
There was also a Blue Raspberry Jujube... Ras for short.
My naked guy was called Frisson TiNu which translated would be Shiver LittleNude.

And currently I have a Treat, I did have Sheep but he passed away quite young. :(

i had a rat called Hades (god of the underworld) but when a rat did ugly to him he was screaming like a baby and ran away! Yeah that something a god would do. :lol:

Hmmm hardly any wierd names here!

I guess Nimh is a bit different.. remember the Rat's of Nimh?? with Nicodemus the big black rat? That was such a good film!

I can't remember who owns the little guy, but the funniest and downright cutest name I've heard on the Shack has to be Arvin Fuzzywig!! hahaha adorable!!

meep said:
i had a rat called Hades (god of the underworld) but when a rat did ugly to him he was screaming like a baby and ran away! Yeah that something a god would do. :lol:

I had a Dionysos (God of wine) he ran away as soon as anything moved :p
Maybe Gods are runners :p

in the past:

boys: Fungus, Volvo (named after my boyfriends first car), Murphy, Aso (anti-social in dutch), Bandit, Desert Storm, Orion, Paddo (magic mushroom in dutch), Dionysos (greek God of wine), Samba, Chirayu (indian for immortal), Desperado
girls: Guinness, Tuxy, Shinobi, Da-Xia (big hero in chinese), Boef & Cujo (after the book Cujo by Stephen King, she bit very hard when i got her, it took 2 years till she finally trusted me)

my boys now:
Fruitcake, Gomez, Nomad, Qute Rockabilly Riot(Rocco), Quick Little Bashfull (Bash, named after a rat named Bashfull) and Rough Little Samurai (Samurai)

comming up:
LadyKiller (theme litter: Alcohol, LadyKiller is a cocktail)
Jerry Lee Lewis (theme litter: bands, named after "the killer" Jerry Lee Lewis, rock n roll legend :p )

Ben and Jerry aren't exactly funny names but people got a kick out of comparing them with the ice cream brand.

Tara was the name of all female rats I had as a kid and was "a Rat" spelled backwards.

I had a boy Alfred Hitchcock - but the spca named him that and I kept it because I brought him home on Hallowe'en....
And a double rex her former person named Scarlett Nohara...
I guess the only funny name I gave was to a mouse who would always go to the edge of the cage and shoot out a stream of pee - so I called her Taps.

I have a Dilbert and a Wilbur here. For any Goosemoosers...THIS is the ORIGINAL Dilbert not a copycat. :wink2:

One of my fav's was SoA's former Widdershins!! LOL

Moosh and Baby Girl... They aren't really funny names, but they were accidental names. Moosh was the downright, most ridiculous name we could find, and was a joke, but it stuck and fits his personality. Baby Girl was a temporary name until we could find a proper one for her... that was over a year ago!

Personally we had a rat years ago we named Reality after the movie Reality Bites. See Reality really did Bite.

I took in a rescue named Stinky. He got re named by his adopter as they felt it wasn't a very nice name to call anyone let alone something as adorable as a rattie boy.

2 days ago I took in a rescue named Whitey and I kid you not tonight I took in another rescue who is named Black Power. I am just shaking my head. I have since started calling Whitey Blanco. I will have to come up with something better to call Black Power. There is no way I am putting up a petfinder listing for Black Power or for Whitey.

Staci

I think Silas for a black boy is funny given the character of Silas is an albino man.

The original name for my Silas was Salazar (Harry Potter), but I saw Da Vinci Code around the time that my boy was born and I really love the character of Silas.

My Silas also has a perfect white triangle on his stomach and the triangle is very relevant to the movie and the story too.

Silas's brother (Bear) is all black with no white anywhere so I guess my Silas has some albino in him with his white triangle.

Funny names for hairless rats could be Shrek, E.T. or Yoda.

Psyko - would bite anything human, but loved anything rattie
Adolph - named after Hitler in the hope he'd be more macho, but he was a sweet soft darling, anytime someone smoked around him, he'd run away fast and sneezing
Foster - meaning featus because he was tiny and looked like a featus when I got him
Osama - have had 3 with that name, want them to live forever, and hence named them after a man who seems impossible to kill no matter how many people are looking out for him; it has worked, they all got very old 8)

oh oh oh - and myself, just changed my official name to Bati, because it sounds nice and people started calling me that, so why not :lol:

Back