Fun at HRR - Sookie's bubs upd. page 6

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cigar said:
Our 4 girls! Black berk, agouti berk/self, fawn hood, dove self/berk.
April122011006.jpg

Stacey, do any of these girlies catch your eye yet? :)

:heart: Damn they are cute! Doing my best to show some restraint......

Sorry for the lack of update. I guess I've just been feeling down about them so I haven't posted til now. I took care of everyone for Lindy this past weekend. Sometime between Friday night and early Saturday afternoon Sookie turned on 3 of her babies.. it wasn't a pretty sight, it hurts to think about it. 2 dark kids and 1 light are gone.. bless them.

The babies turned 3 weeks on Saturday, which is when the pictures were taken. We didn't bother sexing everyone properly, we just wanted to hang out with them. I'm so amazed by them at this stage. So curious and clumsy, so sweet and brave. I knelt at the edge of the bed and some insisted on burrowing into my armpit where it was warm. Others didn't mind hanging out around my hands and arms. But when I put everyone in a pile and cupped my hands around them they would brux and lick my hands. It was just adorable. I love them. :heart:

April2411019.jpg

April2411015.jpg

April2411001.jpg

April2411014.jpg

April2411011.jpg

April2411007.jpg

April2411006.jpg

April2411005.jpg

April2411002.jpg

I'm so sorry, what a sad update. :hugs:

I don't see her there, so looks like my little fawn girl was the light one who didn't make it :sad3:

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of three of the babies. I guess we're used to hearing about it when they're a day or two old, but certainly not when they're 3 weeks old. :(

It's sad. I'm not sure what happened. The only thing that I can think is that they died, and she was cleaning up. Being a good mom.

So, there are 5 boys and 4 girls up for adoption. :(

Here are the girls.

And the boys - minus the little agouti boy. He was too busy running around on me.

Now for some random shots.

This one is my favourite. My other half isn't really a fan of the rats, but he came out and played with them. :) He is really fond of this little girl and after hanging out with them for a but, she curled up and fell asleep and she let him stroke her. :heart: :heart:

So sweet! I hope there's not a problem with the babies' health. I would be more inclined to think mom was 'cleaning up' vs. just snapping and killing three babies. How do the rest of them seem? Do they have a normal energy level, etc? This is the age when they start with a solid diet and get weaned, is it not? Does megacolon show up in normally coloured ratties?

They seem to be in good health. I was concerned about one of the boys, but he's not with us anymore.

She's trying to be a good mom. Sookie herself is probably only about 4 months old. She's a tiny little girl, but so sweet. :heart:

Update:

I am now fostering the girls. Given my history as a failed foster, I wouldn't want to take bets on them ever leaving.

All I have to say is BABIES! :heart:

Back