fruit pulp?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neongrey

I just got a new juicer, and I was thinking the boys would probably enjoy the pulp left over. Aside from making sure they don't get the stuff they can't have anyway, is there anything I should keep in mind about this? Will the pulp still taste good/be healthy for them?

It should be very healthy if it's freshly squeezed. The only thing I would caution is just not too much fruit, it can give them very wet poop.

Well, they seemed to be very happy with their little pile of fancy apple mush. :3

I was mostly just concerned a) that all the taste would have gone out into the juice, and b) all the healthy stuff would have gone out into the juice. But tasting the apple mush myself made it fairly clear the taste was still there, and it's not like it heats the stuff, so the good stuff should still be in it, too.

Correct me if I am wrong, with males would you have to avoid orange juice due to the fact that it has shown to be a contributing cause of cancer, or have they found that to be wrong now?

". Aside from making sure they don't get the stuff they can't have anyway," means they're not getting any orange juice. :) Or onions, for that matter, when I do vegetable stuff.

neongrey said:
". Aside from making sure they don't get the stuff they can't have anyway," means they're not getting any orange juice. :) Or onions, for that matter, when I do vegetable stuff.

Ahhh yes, sorry headache. :doh:

Man, they love their grape pulp. I gave them a spoonful and they beelined right for it. The extras of that is going into the freeze. :3

Back