fruit and veggie question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

September555

Ok...quick question. I have read the "not allowed" food list and these were not on there, just wanted to double check.

Red or green grapes? These are ok right?
What about cooked pasta noodles? Just plain
Regular red apples?
Raisins?

I give my girls bananas, peas and broccoli alot. WHat else fruit and veggie can I give them that rats tend to love?

Thanks
Paula

They sure like apples; my two got some when I was cutting apples for pie today, and they sure seemed to love it. :3

Mine weren't too thrilled with the raisins...but they LOVE cooked pasta and grapes. We also feed our ratties frozen (no salt) peas, corn, cooked sweet potato (no skin!), cooked rice (white and brown), kale, baby carrots, cilantro, watermelon, cantalope, blueberries.

Grapes are good, raisins should be in moderation, it's loaded with natural sugars and cooked pasta should be in moderation too. Red apples are good too but I find most of mine aren't too fond of them.

Thanks all. One of mine is crazy over bananas and peas, the newest one I got wont touch either. I tried her on grapes and she ate some of one. I have given them one spagetti noodle before and they loved it, so I wanted to make sure it was okay before I did it more. I am going to try some of the other stuff y'all listed here. I just get tired of giving them the same ol stuff all the time, I am sure they get tired of the same stuff too.

Too late, they were thanksgiving pies. :)

Little brats got some peas and carrots and mashed potato leftovers, too. they completely cleaned out their bowl. They're so cute sometimes.

Mine love peas, bananas, carrots(little because I know they have sugar), brocolli, dried pasta, large flake oatmeals and watermelon (when in season).

Ann

Godmother said:
:wow4: henry's_mum, you said that Henry DOESN'T LIKE PEAS??????!!!!! Are you absolutely sure he's a rat? :giggle:

No doubt. If we don't have a rat that doesn't like peas.....Maybe he's not a rat?!?

Back