Free small pet needs new home, moving - Fredericton, NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
from kijiji Fredericton: free range beetle named Betsy

==========================================================================

free to a home
betsy is a fun loving little beetle, with a great personalitly. she is kind and a good companion. doesn't eat much. (Plants)
we are moving and i don't think she will do well in the car. comes with a little case but likes to roam free

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth ... Z194326430

aw! if she had a nice home for him (not a 'little case' .. aquarium or whatever a beetle uses) i would sooooooooooooooooo take betsy!

free-range beetle in a house with free-range rats and a dog and four people doesn't sound good.

RatsForever said:
A beetle with a personality??? :?

With a great personality! .... Guess you will have to go see her and let us know. :wink2:
Take pics, bet she is cute :thumbup: ..... and bonus! Betsy is a vegetarian :D

Just think, small, vegetarian, no large vet bills, quiet ... and with a great personality ... hmmm ...

wait this is actually a bug... is this like a giant bug that you buy special or one you catch? .... I'm confused

LOL....Well, atleast they are thinking of what's best for betsy..

For some reason I'm thinking she is the type that comes from a mealworm...
Just my guess because when I was a kid we used to do school projects where everyone raised there own mealworm and got to keep the pet beetle at the end...I dodn't get the privledge, but my sister did...One it became a beetle she was terrified and "set it free".

Im probably totally wrong though,heh.

Chel said:
wait this is actually a bug... is this like a giant bug that you buy special or one you catch? .... I'm confused

SQ said:
betsy is a fun loving little beetle, with a great personalitly.

That is all we know.
I am hoping someone will check it out (and possibly offer Betsy a good home).
I'm curious about her great personality, and her good and kind nature.
I'd also like to see some pics. With a name like Betsy, she has to be cute!

Given my circumstances, I am unable to offer Betsy a home.

She might make a good pet for your husband, Godmother. She could free range in his office.

Edit: that is very interesting, breakthenight. I didn't know people kept mealworms grown into beetles as pets.

No idea. It is a ad on kijiji ....

I did respond to their ad and suggest that Betsy would be quite comfortable during the car trip if they fixed up a suitable carrier for her.
If people can travel from one end of the country to the other with dogs, cats, rats, fish, etc I am sure that one little beetle would be just fine.

Reading all the replies, this would have made a hilarious April Fool yesterday!

I like the idea of growing your own mealworm LOL!!

Anyone know what type of beetle it is? this is quite funny.
If it was something like a Rhino Beetle then they are so awsome

Back