FREE HAMMOCKS!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MomRat

Update: As I will be out of town after Nov. 17th, the cutoff date for this project has been changed to Nov. 16th. If you would like to purchase from MomRat Magic Fleece Liners in order to send rescue scrap hammocks, please do so BEFORE November 16th! Thanks for all your support!

Ok, now that I have your attention... :giggle:

Here's the thing: Every time I make a liner set, I have little... scraps of fabric. Nothing big enough to be a hammock on its own, and way more than I would ever give my three lazy boys to burrow in. They have plenty of their own. But being me, I CAN'T throw these pieces of fleece away. I have boxes and baskets and pillowcases stuffed FULL of these little triangles and strips and cast offs. And I need to do something with them, before they take over my home..... thus was created....

Rescued Scraps for Rescued Rats!!

I'm taking all these bits, and patchworking them together, into hammocks. I have a couple of old, well loved bedsheets for cotton backing. And I'm giving them away!

From now until November 16th, every liner order at MomRat Magic Fleece Liners sends Rescue Scrap Hammocks to the rescue of your choice. Buy a set for your CN or FN, let me know your favorite rescue, and come the second week of December they'll get a surprise package of patchwork hammocks, lovingly stitched by me! Double sets will send 5 hammocks and Single sets will send 3. I will be waiting until the cutoff date to send packages, so they will all go to each rescue as one big package, with a note saying who all sent them! If you don't own a CN or FN, I'd be happy to make 'real' hammock sets to sell, and that would also send rescue hammocks. Or you can donate, to help with postage, which is coming out of my loving, empty pockets. :heart: :dance: :heart: Christmas does these things to me.

Here's the ones I've already made!!
DSCN1065.jpg

Let's give some rescues a VERY Merry Christmas!

This is a GREAT idea! I have trouble throwing away my fleece scraps too haha

At the moment I don't need any liners, but if I happen to need them soon I will for sure let you know!

Good luck!

I think those hammocks are much prettier than the ones made with whole pieces! They remind me of the handmade quilts my sister makes and I love them more than any fancy store bought comforter, no matter what the price! Once your promotion is over you should sell these.

MumsyRat said:
I think those hammocks are much prettier than the ones made with whole pieces! They remind me of the handmade quilts my sister makes and I love them more than any fancy store bought comforter, no matter what the price! Once your promotion is over you should sell these.

Yeah, really. I love them. How much for a hammock? :giggle:

Yes Roo, I ship to Canada, no additional charge. =) In fact, most of my customers are Canadian, go fig. :giggle:

Wow, I really never figured someone would want to buy something just junked together and backed with old sheets! We'll see, come January, if I have any left over, and ya'll would be welcome to buy them, ok? I want to focus on selling 'real' hammocks and liners right now, and get as many of these patchies out to rescues for christmas.

My job has been non existent lately, but I really like what you have so I'd like to order some eventually. After I get out my pleadin'-eyes and stare down the boyfriend for a bit. :giggle:
(I guess I could have put my liner question that I posted in the other thread right here. I didn't think about that.. d'oh! haha)

I'm so excited, sending these out - just boxed them up and will be addressing and shipping soon. It's like I get to be LOTS of ratties secret santa, instead of just one family!

A GREAT BIG THANKS to everyone who helped out with this project. Thanks to our customers, MomRat Magic Fleece is sending out 34 free hammocks to rescues this year!!!! 4 lucky rescues, selected by the people who placed purchases, will be recieving between 6 and 13 hammocks each to keep their rescue ratties warm and cozy while waiting for their Furever homes. =) :joy: :joy:

Roo said:
MumsyRat said:

Yeah, really. I love them. How much for a hammock? :giggle:

I totally agree! Those are to die for! Beautiful job. You really have talent.

I don't have a FN/CN (wish I did). I hope these masterpieces go to a deserving rescue. If any are left in January, I'd be interested in buying a couple.

Back