Freddy, Jason, Quistis, Selphie, Sarafina, Maggie, Mia, Boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

These babies were five from Mollys litter..

[s:1u3m5rl5]Something terrible happened at the house between Wednesday morning and last night. Joey opened the cage to check on them, because they were being oddly quiet, and realized five of them were gone... Molly had killed them.

It is very difficult to talk about, and even write this thread. I wasn't home to see them, but Joey called me around four a.m. this morning to tell me the awful news. He told me it was very graphic, but i don't need to talk about that here.. I don't understand what happened... why she would kill them after five weeks....[/s:1u3m5rl5]

The babies had Megacolon. I got home from Nova Scotia last night, and I knew as soon as i saw the remaining babies..

Two were gone when I got home, and another was just leaving us.. There is only one baby left..

Rest in Peace babies, you were too young to leave..

Jason...
Boy3-3-1.jpg

Freddy...
Boy2-2-1.jpg

Quistis...
Girl1-cherry2.jpg

Selphie...
Girl2-cherry.jpg

and Sarafina... :cry4:
Girl5-sarafina2.jpg

Unnamed boy..
Boy4-3.jpg

Maggie..
Girl3-Maggie3.jpg

Mia..
Girl4-Mia.jpg

You are all very missed... :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

I am so sad about this. Tonight I had set up the entire cage in anticipation of the arrival! But nature sometimes has a way of being really horrible. Everyone here is really sorry to hear about this, not just our little girlies but the other three that were lost. We hope the other babies are all right and the mommy is doing okay.

Losing a pet this way can leave you virtually numb and paralyzed regardless of the cause. I hope you can quickly rid yourself of the overwhelming grief.
RIP little babies :heart:

Wow that's so sad that she killed them at that age. Maybe they were sick and she knew it? Some mother will do that. So sorry to hear about the little ones :( :hugs:

:sad3: Bless your heart...they all looked like little angels. I know you are prolly heart broken beyond belief right now :hugs:

Farewell little boys and girls.
It's shame your lives were cut so short.

I'll never forget the night you guys were born.
It was hectic and crazy, but you guys were totally worth it.

I love and will miss you all.

Rest in Peace Maggie, Mia and Unnamed boy...

I came home last night to two gone, and one leaving us. There's only one little boy left...

I'm so sorry your lives were cut so short little ones... I wish there was something i could have done..

Megacolon? What is that? How could you tell they had it?

I am so sorry that happened ... but at least you now know why. I am sure that makes things a bit easier on you ... not having to wonder ... :hugs:

Back