Found a lump? Tumor? ):

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkbelya

Hey guys! I have two awesome female ratties and i've noticed that one of my girls has a lump. ): I'm so devastated as she's only around eleven months old and these little cuties mean so much to me. I live in an area where vets, especially ones that specialize in small animals, are very scarce and unfortunately I could only get an appointment for her no sooner than next Friday. She doesn't seem like she is in pain and I haven't noticed any decrease in activity, she still loves exploring everything. I'm so scared. I'll know for sure next Friday but I wanted to know if any of you guys could give me any output or advice, or if your ratties ever had lumps how you dealt/coped with it. Here are some pictures of her and the lump:

QSdlQbK.jpg

l5ZLX6r.jpg

I have never had female ratties, hopefully someone can chime in as to whether or not that is a common place for a mammary tumor. Good luck with the vets. Sending warm vibes.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

If it is a mammary tumor, then removal is pretty straightforward. The concern is that if she has a tumor this young, chances are that she will get another one. Is there any way to get her tumor removed and her spayed at the same time?

It does look like a benign mammary tumour. I would recommend having it removed and have her spayed at the same time, this will help reduce the risk of future tumours.
She's a pretty little thing.

I agree, it looks in that area and like a mammary-- and I agree that you should spay, too, if she isn't spayed. Aww, what a cutie. :(

The bright side is that, because she's young, surgery shouldn't be that big of an issue. <:3

Back