For Fun : How can I make a maze??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisK

I have a few really smart fellas in foster at the moment, and they could use a good intellectual challenge. Has anyone made a maze for their ratties before? I would love to hear some ideas on how to do this.. preferably with cardboard and not wood??

Get some of the poster type mailers from a postal store.... Use the irrigation tubing, pvc pipe.

If you want an actual maze type thing you can slit the sides of the maze to lock into each other rather than using tape where they can get it. You can cut cardboard to fit if you get big enough pieces and make it stay.

If you have lots of funds and room, then go to town on 4" PVC drainage pipe. Buy some 'Y's and 'T's and '+'s and one or two lengths of pipe: cut the pipe (sold in 8' lengths I think) into different lengths. Then you can assemble the maze, let them play, then change it up into a different pattern, play, change, play... it will last forever and you can keep changing it so they don't get bored. :)

Joanne said:
If you have lots of funds and room, then go to town on 4" PVC drainage pipe. Buy some 'Y's and 'T's and '+'s and one or two lengths of pipe: cut the pipe (sold in 8' lengths I think) into different lengths. Then you can assemble the maze, let them play, then change it up into a different pattern, play, change, play... it will last forever and you can keep changing it so they don't get bored. :)

That sounds like as much fun for me as it will be for the ratties! :lol:

Another thing rats love is a castle box. Tape a bunch of boxes together and add random holes connecting the boxes. Mine would spend all their time in those.

jorats said:
Another thing rats love is a castle box. Tape a bunch of boxes together and add random holes connecting the boxes. Mine would spend all their time in those.

My rats love this! My boys had fun making it.

I like the sound of that too!
And boxes are easy enough to come by.. I can pick them up at the local grocery store for free anytime..

Back