Foot clubbing in baby rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle

Has anyone ever delt with an issue of clubbing of feet in babies before? Will it correct itself? I don't know the genetic history of the parents so do not know if this is a common factor or not. If you look at the pic of the baby with the swollen leg and the one foot is bent under that is how both of the babies feet look and it is on both front legs of each one. The back legs are fine. One of the beige Rexes is the same way. Both are the smallest (18-20G) and I will start supplementing their feedings. I am a little worried that it may be an issue of failure to thrive.

3251938615_66c291ea11.jpg

From the other thread about lizzie and the babies, that foot is the one that was swollen wasnt it? Do you have any pics of when the swelling went down? or are you able to get any?

Actually both of the babies are doing fine now, the feet have straigtened out and they are also starting to gain weight. I think both are just behind developmentally but now are both over 25g. :joy:

ryelle said:
Im glad its all sorted its self out. Sometimes i think you just need to let nature take its course :D

I am a nervous human mommie and have not delt with baby ratties before so everything has a tendency to be a crisis. They are running around like nothing is wrong now. Little buggers.

eagle said:
ryelle said:
Im glad its all sorted its self out. Sometimes i think you just need to let nature take its course :D

I am a nervous human mommie and have not delt with baby ratties before so everything has a tendency to be a crisis. They are running around like nothing is wrong now. Little buggers.

Haha! No worries, id be EXACTLY the same! They are just so tiny and fragile. I freaked out enough when my eldest rat had a limp over christmas - and hes about 100 times the size of your babies

Back