FN mod is done

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Jordan and I had a late night last night after discovering the other day that Starla's babies could now get out of their first cage. We had a very long drive home from Ottawa. There was a 2 hour delay because of a rolled over truck... but we still had to mod the fn to put the family in. It's done, with lots of cuts and bruises... I will post pics tonight after work. this morning everyone was happy, popcorning around.

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

So I have a question, do the rats not chew on the fleece you have down on the wires. I have been thinking about what to put down on my wire but I was worried about the fleece getting all chewed up.

They try to sometime dig up the ends, but if it is clipped well, it stays. But, some rats will chew. You just have to get used to it I guess, and stock up on fleece from the dollarama, lol.

Hardware cloth on the outside and cooling racks on the top and bottom from dollarama. I was able to rip of the large metal rods that went across to support the cooling racks when on a counter. I was able to shorten them easily by scoring the think metal and clipping the smaller metal with wire cutters. It is kept down with wire and zip ties on the bottom.

Is it possible to use cooling racks all over do you think? I'm hoping I can find them! How much were they?

I'm assuming my new girl is going to be able to get through the FN.

Sure, just be ready with sharp wire cutters to trim them all, or you can just have them hand off the ends. They are a dollar each at the Dollarama, You will need 20 of them.

I looked for good cooling racks at every dollar store near me, and the only ones I could find were round, or the wire was super sharp and just seemed too deadly to me.

My girls are now too bum-heavy to make it through their superpet so crisis averted :p

Back