FN FOR CAITLYN!!! *Now with Pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:happydance: Congrats on the FN!! Your ratties are gonna have a blast in it. Ours ran up and down the levels for about an hour when we got them theirs :D

The cage is HOT, okay? LMAO!!!

I caaaaaaaaaaaan't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiit to set it up. Only... 9 more days!!! :D YAYYYYY!

And Charlie says thank you. He knows that he's awesome, haha!!!

Don't know how I missed the picture of my baby boy Charlie. :heart:

melon_mayhem said:
:happydance:
Yay its awesome!!

Your rattie is so freaking cute btw!!

Yes Mr. Charlie is cute just like his brother Paddington. :thumbup:

Well! She is finally set up and the boys are living in it. They love all the room, but I am finding it hard to love.

I need actual pans for it ASAP. I can't take the rat smell anymore, and it seems like no matter what I do, with fleece they always reek. :(

Cait said:
Well! She is finally set up and the boys are living in it. They love all the room, but I am finding it hard to love.

I need actual pans for it ASAP. I can't take the rat smell anymore, and it seems like no matter what I do, with fleece they always reek. :(
For my cage I didn't buy fleece, because I knew it would stink. I bought standard size pillow cases, and for my cage, they fit PERFECT. Change them out and wash them in the washer every 2-3 days, wipe down the cage with a wet rag daily, and if the stench still isn't gone do the whole bleach thing outside. That is what I do, no stench! Oh, and in the pan underneath the covered wire floor at the very bottom I use aspen, it helps a bit with odor.

Hey Cait, just an FYI I put the unneutered boys in my bird cage same bar spacing as the FN and Paddington was out of the cage in less than 5 mins. I put him back in and it hasn't happened again. I did inform him there would be no meetings with the girls.

I'm almost positive Charlie can get out, but he hasn't realized he CAN. I've seen him with just his head out, but I imagine the rest of him is too fat to follow. :p Haha!!! He hasn't gotten completely out though.

How are you doing with the smell? We made deeper pans with coroplast (you can buy it at most craft/framing stores). James 'glued' it together with aquarium caulking and bendable plastic framing. We had to do it because the boys weren't getting the hang of the potty training thing :doh: . They peed everywhere.

Back