FN addition

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Hello. :)

Okay, no one read into this, I'm just...you know, thinking. To all Canadians, how much did you have to pay for an addition to your FN? I'm not sure where to search other than pet stores.

You'd need to make sure you get the to addition, not the one that comes with a stand cause you won't have the hole to connect the top and bottom. I believe it was $169??? at a PJs.

Is someone expanding? Cage renos? ...more babies perhaps? :giggle:

Yeah, the woman who sold me my first FN actually sold me the addition, lol. Now that box, as you know, is huge, and I was pretty annoyed when I figured it out! So they gave me a 20% discount off the actual base. :D

I...er...*shuffles feet* I don't knowww! :giggle: This might sound really really strange but when it comes to adopting I prefer adults. I'll admit I've been really frustrated not being able to help a single rat since the winter and thank goodness, Brie's a super trooper and this marks her ninth month fighting the cancer and showing no signs of slowing down. :heart:

Anyway! I was looking into it. ;) Tentatively that is, because I remember five being almost too much for me, like I'd stress about it and so on. It's worn off long ago but there was some freaking out there for a while, haha.

Thanks for the price estimate! :) I'll give PJ's a call when I return to civilization. I don't remember the Pet Valu in Orangeville having them, just small cages.

Lol, I know what you mean ;)

I'm being pretty strict with myself - there is no way I can handle more rats right now, especially with a 4 month old puppy at home. But... it would be so nice to give my girls an extra level. They'd love it! If only it would fit... I'll have to see if its possible to remove the bottom shelf and have it sitting just on the casters... hmmm...

If my house was bigger....I would make a triple wide......I have been thinking about it.....
but I have all the rats I can handle...With 12 I find it hard to give each one individual attention.....they all love bing held and cuddled and I feel bad that I can't spend more time with each one.....

The wide ones are pretty amazing, I must agree!

Sitting on just the castors...not a bad idea...it seems like such a beast of a cage and a lot of the space isn't accessible to the rats (that bottom storage area).

Shelley said:
Lol, I know what you mean ;)

I'm being pretty strict with myself - there is no way I can handle more rats right now, especially with a 4 month old puppy at home. But... it would be so nice to give my girls an extra level. They'd love it! If only it would fit... I'll have to see if its possible to remove the bottom shelf and have it sitting just on the casters... hmmm...

It can be done! I've done it before. All you do is keep the black connectors on and slip the casters in them.

I'll definitely try that when I move it to Guelph!

Oh, and my thinking is over. : / I need a cage that I can pick up and put in a car relatively easily. I lost sight of my situation, living in Toronto for the summer, and that next summer is a question mark. No rat should have to endure my sister's "care." So I need to keep my numbers and cage as mobile as possible. : /

jorats said:
It can be done! I've done it before. All you do is keep the black connectors on and slip the casters in them.
don't you need to add extra screw holes or something? we were trying to do this when we got the last FN in the mail, we couldn't figure it out. had no access to the internet either that day because the darn power was out. so we impatiently gave up and just put the shelf on. :/ i know hubby would kill me if i asked him to take the thing apart, buuuttt... how easy is it to put together without the shelf and just the casters??? :lol:

Back