Flea or tick

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Is this a flea with larvae or a tick?
n511453449_1929995_7592598.jpg

This is a flea, they are very very thin:

flea-1.jpg

And a tick... I would die if I found one of these... *shudders*

itchtick_AmericanDogTick_2.jpg

I'm not sure what you found.

you have to be careful when removing ticks because if you dont do it right you leave the spiney mouth thing inside the animal and it causes all sorts of problems.

The only fleas ive ever seen where these tiniest little black things that bounced all over the place, ive never seen one close up in the flesh though. I moved into a house a few years ago with some friends and the house had an infestation of fleas (the previous owner had about a million cats that kept inbreeding and she kept them locked in the tiny kitchen O.O) . I remember looking through a catalogue and hearing all these little pings of the fleas jumping on to the pages of the catalogue and then they started jumping on and off my legs. I ran screaming out of the house lol. We ended up buying flea bombs and spending the day at the beach while we waited for it to de-fume and be safe to go home again

Ticks... *shudder*

Where was that picture taken? It looks a little too big to be a mite... Definitely too big for a flea, and not the normal color scheme for a tick...

Yes, it was on my kitten and dog. I found some pics online and it was in fact a big flea. I'm happy to say they are gone now. :)

Back