Fixing PooPoo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Heyyyyyy!!!

Me and my boyfriend are gonna live together this summer and he has a big handsome black male berkshire that we want to fix cuz we don't want babies and we wanna put him with my four females. I heard that fixing a male sometimes isn't enough. Is that true?

We wanted to fix PooPoo because it would cost us alot less than fixing the four females + we're having a fifth female this summer.

Sometimes fixing a male isn't enough for what exactly?

You do need to wait a few weeks (I think the standard time recommended is 3) after the surgery to intro him to the girls, as before that he could still impregnate them. And keep in mind that intros can take some time.

The most important thing is that you have a good vet!!!

XD Yeah my boyfriend with his weird names. Poo not in the way of actual poo. It just sounds cute. :panic: I know, I said "What? Double poop?" at first but now I'm used to it and only see it has a cute name.

My Neutered boy will still "play humpies" with my girls whent eh girls are in heat, but the girls are the ones enticing him into it. Just like girls will often hump eachother when they are in heat.

Back