Fish-y Pics :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Helllooooo all! I have some pictures for you. :)

I turned my ten gallon into a guppy tank, with my red honey gourami, Dorothy, as queen of the tank. I still have my BP, and my con pair, but they are in my 20 on my desk. :)

So without further ado, I'd like you to meet the GA Guppy Gang (a cookie to the first to figure out what GA stands for ;) ).

My gorgeous Izzie
IMG_0691.jpg

Callie
IMG_0669.jpg

Meredith
IMG_1408.jpg

Cristina
IMG_1374.jpg

Alex
IMG_0862.jpg

Chief:
IMG_1332.jpg

McDreamy:
IMG_1328.jpg

George and McDreamy:
IMG_1350.jpg

:p And their queen, Dorothy.

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Mahad and Ayaan, the convict cichlids.
IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

And the BP, Parley.
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Yayyyy fish!

Very pretty fishies...

You have a male in with your females? You'll be making your own fish food? :lol:

A loooong time ago, I had bought a male and some females, not thinking they would actually breed. Sure enough, they were popping fries left and right. Here I was with my net trying to save them cause mom and dad and relatives were having a feast. I was devastated. :oops:

They are all male. :D They just have... girl... names... LOL.

I couldn't handle all of the guppies guppies would produce if I had mixed sexes... :shock: And I'd yell at them for eating their babies... But then again there is your population control.

I have convict chiclids too. We started out with one male and one female which we did not know when we bought them and before we knew it we were over run with babies. We had to start pawning them off on friends and family and eventually we got rid of most of the babies and all of our males. My babies did not get eaten even though we had tons of other fish in there Mom and Dad were really good at protecting the babies. We have only girls now even though they still destroy the tank building nests.

Yeah, it's weird, both the cons and guppies are prolific breeders, but cons are good parents, guppies... they'll snack on their own kids no issues. :roll:

The cons have been together for... I want to say at least 6 months? And haven't spawned.. YET. They keep to their rocks, color up like they're GOING to, but, no eggs. I'd rather they didn't spawn right now, obviously, but it is sort of odd they haven't.

And both of mine were supposed to be male... Then Ayaan colored up and revealved her female-ness. :? :lol:

Edit: One of my future tanks will be all female convicts.... Ooo yay! They really are pretty fish!

I agree the girls are really, really pretty. All of my original convicts have passed away. The ones we have now are from the first set of babies we had (inbred I wonder how that works in fish?) Anyways so my girls now are very small and are not very colorful, nothing like your girl. We did have a few white ones but they did not last long for some reason our other chiclids chose to eat them and not the others.

We also had an Electric blue and our Yellow striped breed a make one baby but it disappeared not to long after I discovered it. I tired to catch the little bugger but it would hide in the worst places. I really wanted it to grow up so I could see what it turned out like. But since then the Yellow fish turned on the blue fish so she is now in her own tank for her own safety. Every time I try to return her to the big tank the yellow starts attacking her again and bites her fins off.

Fish inbreed/linebreed pretty much with little issue. There is actually a type of fish that lives in these hierarchal sort of family groups, and any new members are inbred from the original pair and their offspring and so on. I can't remember what the fish was, though... Agh...

I love the white/pink cons... They are really neat to see full grown.

Ayaan is VERY colorful, at 2.5 inches she's already got amazing coloration. I didn't expect that until she was much older....

I love all cichlids! M. estherae is one of my favorites (the yellow, right?). It would have been neat to see what the offspring would have looked like... I always wonder. Have you seen the Blood parrot/flowerhorn mix?! They are the muttiest fish ever, but they are pretty, I will give them that!

are the 2 last one parrot fish?? if so are they mix with other fish cause i wanted to get some last year and i was told they would eat everything in my aquarium. :cry:

She has the blood parrot with convict cichlids -- which are equally as aggressive. :) That is how she can keep them with other fish.

The guppies are beautiful... and you know what I love even more than their beauty -- their names! :lol:

I have a betta in my 10 gallon right now, but I think when he passes away I would like to try getting some guppies. I have heard they are very fragile these days though?? From all the breeding to get specific colors and tails, the fish have become weakened. Don't know if that is true.

Since no one answered the question it's the Grey's Anatomy Guppy fish tank. This makes me really want to start my fish tank again. I have a 25 gal. I shut it down when I moved.

It is so beautiful Cait. Very nice.

yay!! it's fishtys :lol: my sister has fish but I never had the patience for fishies but someday I might get a betta, they are so cool

I love your fishtys fan tails, neat :D

You have beautiful fish and you've taken some great pictures! :D

I've had fish for many, many years, but I've been moving around a lot recently, so I haven't had the opportunity to do very much with my aquarium in a long time. I really miss it. I've had all kinds of freshwater fish, but I think my favourite was my tire track eel.

Aquariums for me have always been a minor hobby... But I'd really love to invest in some larger tanks (I have a 75 in storage, alas, not allowed in the dorm). Once I am out of here, I will move on to larger tanks.

In all actuality, BP's temperments will vary greatly. It all depends. Parley is actually a really laid back fish, I had him in my community tank for some time. Due to space, the convicts moved in with him, and yet he holds his ground. I've seen them in with Oscars, and I've seen them with severums (mostly peaceful). It just depends!

And the cookie goes to: Lea-Andra!! Yep, GA is Grey's Anatomy. I love that show, so, I had to use the names for something I'd have a lot of: guppies! LOL :lol:

Back