First time rat owner, new chewing issues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has not been able to jump it while I have it double stacked and they haven't been able to climb it so far. I don't believe there's enough space for them to get a grip between the connections. NiNi is always trying to get out and after taping the sides (because the trim in the wall made it not flush) she hasn't been able to. But that has just been my experience with it. And most of the reviews by rat owners were positive and said as long as nothing tall was near the edges they didn't have any jump outs.

So guess it's a gamble on how it will go for you lol
I have the same play pen, not double stacked, and mine have not been able to jump over. When i first got it I had one side flush against a wall and one girl got between the wall and playpen and was able to scale up and over it. But that’s all. Although they may be able to jump over if you flip it so the longer side is on the bottom, making it much shorter. Overall I like it a lot and have been using it to block off a cage and play area of my two new boys from the rest of my ratties.

Back