First Tattoo (pet related!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoA

Just in case some of you aren't on Goosemoose ;)

About a week ago now, I got my first tattoo. I was thinking about getting all these different cute things, but they were meaningless so I just kept thinking and thinking. Then something just hit me, and it felt so perfect. My hugest pet peeve is stupid pet owners and backyard breeders. So, this is what I got above my heart. I wanted it in cutesy handwriting-like font, and everything black except the little pink heart at the end like a period. He came up with the adorable scrolly stuff around it :)

2880893654_121a7b09f1.jpg

I've definitely been bitten by the tattoo addiction bug :p On Tuesday, my friend and I are getting the same tattoo together. Behind her ear, she's getting a cute thought bubble with "zomg" in it, and I'm getting one behind my ear with "lol." I also want to get a no smoking sign somewhere, since I quit in February and am very proud of myself.

Does it hurt more to get a tat behind your ear?

I've got one behind my ear and I didn't find it hurt at all - but then again, I love the feeling of getting tattoos, so I might not be a good one to listen to!

It really is different for every person who gets a tattoo.

Cool tattoo SoA!!

nattykins said:
I've got one behind my ear and I didn't find it hurt at all - but then again, I love the feeling of getting tattoos, so I might not be a good one to listen to!

You like the feeling of getting tattoos?! You brave person! I only have one tattoo and the pain was agonizing, hence why I hesitate getting another one even though I love the looks of them.

I actually didn't mind getting it at all. I was kind of scared about the pain since I heard such a vast amount of different stuff from people, one even said I'll smell my skin burning. Honestly, it wasn't bad at all until it was right on top of my sternum. It felt like I was being cut open for heart surgery. On the other end of the spectrum, some parts felt like nothing while he was doing it. I think it depends on the location, and of course the person.

Anita - it was Shamrock at Kustom Kulture on Telegraph right by the ultra-nasty pet store, Pet Station. He's been getting more and more popular lately, and even went to Las Vegas not too long ago for some convention or something. He had a good laugh at my tattoo idea, and when he went in the back room and talked to his buddy, I heard "Bob Barker" and then some more giggling, LOL.

yup.. bob barker was the first thing come to my mind too... lol. but its a great message.
it really depends on the place of the tatoo and the person... i have two tats.. a ladybug on my ankle. it hurt like a MO-FO.lol. and i have a maple leaf with a beaver inside (looks like stone) on my upper back just below my neck.. that one hurt like an SOB as well. i had to have someone there to hold my hand.. i would squeeze my eyes shut and go into my "place" in my head and try not to run away from the pain. i think the hardest part is making sure you dont move when the pain gets bad. lol.
i plan to get at least one more.. but not for another year.. they are very addictive. oh.. and the scab gets very itchy when they are healing... its soooo hard not to scratch or pick like you would any other scab. lol. they are worth it tho..

what does zmog mean?

OMG! If you ever regret tattoos you'll never regret carrying that message. I thought of Bob Barker too - I don't watch the show but I love him for his message You ought to find an email address for him and send him that picture. Whether he approves of tattoos or not, he has to feel so happy to see that!
SoK, you're my latest in-awe hero! You really walk the walk!
Hey, your new tattoo is beautiful!!!

Back