First intro went well!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

SQ helped me with this. I was concerned because of the sheer numbers of the young ones--3 moms aged 5 months, and ten girlies aged about 11 weeks. I had visions of them all leaping out of the tub. I was also concerned that Valentinos, the snake tank rescue boy, would be too mean a groomer.

But they were all on their best behaviour! No nipping or sidling or boxing.

Fingers and paws crossed that they will be living together soon.

image.jpg

Second time was not quite so good. No aggression, but two of the young ones are squealers, and they got everyone on edge. There was more freezing behaviour, and some of them kept huddling in the corner. Sometimes a couple of the young ones were getting ready to box, and then they realized they were family.

I hope this will get better with time.

once they get used to each other, they will stop being on their best behavior and will have to sort out the hierarchy .... lots of fun
:)

Last edited:
It's only the second intro - don't get discouraged!
Sometimes intros have taken weeks and weeks. In fact, my last intro only finally worked when Ruby got too sick to chase Tabi away. It will come with time and patience. :)

Second and third always seem to go worse but that's ok because it does improve after that. Sounds like it's going to work out though!
Have you taken pictures and descriptions of them for adopting out? I would share on my fb if you do. And also share in the Rat Race on FB.

Back