Finally someone seen my rats in my window

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
I have always had a window open during nice days for my rats to sit in, lay in or just hang out in. Every time I see someone walk by I wait for them to spot them. Mostly want the shock factor :laugh4:

So I was cleaning my mixed sex group, so all 11 of them were out on the play area, with about 6 of them in the window, when I saw the woman who literally gets walked by her dog every night........ She did not notice but her dog did! her face was priceless.

Her dog was wagging his tail, and standing up at the house trying to sniff, he cant reach them, my window is still pretty high next to him. She couldn' t figure out why her dog was pulling her, I told her that he sees my rats in the window. She said " How many do you have there?" so I told her 11 of them. She then said "They dont have a cage?" i tried not to laugh so hard but all i could think of was that hoarders episode! I did correct her thinking and explained that I was cleaning their cage and this is their play area to hang out for some out time. She also asked about my dogs, she heard them barking, if they got along, I explained that my dog does and he will play with the girls.

Finally! A year i have sat here, my second summer with my rats, and they have been spotted!

Me too! You could tell she was a bit freak out thinking they ran around my house..... There are some little kids that walk around I always try to get them to look but never manage to do it. they are usually the best with excited faces lol

HA That is just too funny, but yea, that's cool she asked questions instead of being disgusted.

My favourite 'rat sighting' was when my hubby was in a "band" with our old roommates and they played a bar here in Kingston and this guy walked around, daily, with this gorgeous huge albino boy always on his shoulder. I was the only one out of our group of friends that wanted to hold him :giggle:

thats hilarious!

but yea its good her first impression wasnt like " AHHHHH RATS!"

i have a picture of one of my girls have a cute face on my ipod and a girl saw it was like "aw thats cute, what is that, a hamster?" i told her no, its my rat. She was then disgusted, shivered, and walked away.

i dont get it, she thought it was cute before lol

The other day I rolled out my CN & my Nieces FN to the verandah.
I thought that since it was a beautiful day the 14 ratties would love it.
My neighbours to the right weren't too thrilled.
There little boy came over asked what they were and how many.
I said rats and 14.
He promptly ran back to his dad and said she has 48 and they smell. :roll:
Hasn't the kid ever read "everybody poops?!!"
CLEANING cages here. :wallbang:
Other comments: You STILL have those things, vermin ect.
There house looks like a magazine cover, not a thing out of place or a dust bunny to be found.
I will take my 22 furry house mates over that any day.
I :heart: my little poopers.

I'd definitely have to do a double take if I saw rats just chillin on a window sill. I'm so glad she asked questions and stopped to talk, instead of just hurrying away like you were some kind of weirdo.

That's just too funny :) It's pretty cool she didn't just run away at the thought of rats. I hate when people do that -_-
Like come on, what's not lovable about a rat? I guess their tails are a little weird looking.. but they're awesome. I like when they wrap around my finger :D

Back