Fighting

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synnøve

My two girls are fighting a lot.. They're not hurting each other it seems, but sometimes they start squeaking and screaming. I know that it's normal for young rats to do this, but they do it so much.
But at some level it seems like they enjoy it, cause when they split up, one of them runs over to the other and tries to start another fight. So they're not fighting over something like food, or anything.

And another thing I noticed. They are sometimes in a mating position. I've heard a lot of stories of people that have gotten a female and a male, when they asked for two females. I've checked, and I cant see any testicles, but I still have this nightmare that all of a sudden there'll be a huge litter of unhealthy babies :S

One of your girls is in heat, don't worry about it. If you don't see testicles you are fine :D

Back to silly babies. I have a sequence of pics I use to show how babies play. Not at all gentle with shrieks and squeaks that make them sound like they are being killed!

ThewrestlingbeginsAug18.jpg

Gonnakickyatothecurbsistah.jpg

Bluegetsthepin.jpg

the takedown
Illegalhold.jpg

the pin and the winner!!
Takethat.jpg

My foster girls are always pinning each other and squeaking bloody murder. So far, not a drop of blood. they are sisters. They are outgrowing their Martins 695, and I don't want to separate them into two cages, so I have them in the playpen as much as possible so they can expend some of that boundless energy and have places to get away from each other.

I haven't seen these girls mounting each other yet, but Corrie's girls and my other group of girls did it constantly when they were young.

Back