fighting, please help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, day 3 now and it has started again. I think Lady's just being a bully now, she was biting Griff's feet from beneath when she was on the lower level of the cage! Griff has poryphrin (no idea how to spell it!) now. Griff's really just trying to get some sleep right now and Lady keeps semi-viciously attacking her, so it's no wonder she's stressed. So, any advice would be much appreciated! poor baby Griffykins :-(

You've got a she-devil. You'll need to set yourself up a small cage and each time you catch Lady in the act, pull her out and put her in the small empty cage for about 10 min. at a time. This helps with some rats.
Also, it's quite possible she'll out grow this. How long have they been living together?

Ah, good, that's what we've been doing! they've always lived together, they're one and a half, well, just over. We THINK we've seen signs that she's in heat - how long would that last for?

They are in heat for a couple of days I believe, but can't remember, someone else might know. All my girls are spayed so they don't go into heat anymore.

It would SEEM that this has stopped now, complicated Ratty's! I found placing Lady in a smaller cage from time to time helped, and also extra long out time, so that she's preoccupied with exploring, it also calms her down for when they go back into their main cage.

Back