Fernidoodle

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

My girly Fern is still with me, last of my Troublesome Trio, developed a tumor a while ago, my vet was reluctant to do surgery because she had a second one popping up as well. She was also worried about her health. I decided against it and I do believe I made the right decision. However now her tumor has to be the size of a hardball baseball. She lugs it around like it's nothing, there are days she feels her age and days she's so spry it's unbelievable. Last night I had my crew out and I got her playing with a feather, she started to tire and came to cuddle with me while she regained her strength. :heart: I am not sure how much longer I have her for, but until then I will make the most of what I have. I just wait for her cue. There are days I wonder if this week is it, but then she pops back and surprises me. She's got to be at least 2, I have had her for a year and a half and she was probably almost 1 when I got her. She's lost her cagemates Melody and Erin, but has found friends in Charlie (RTR boy), Noelle (from Henry's Haven), and her daughters the Wondertwins Ellie and Daisy. They make sure she's warm, they cuddle with her when she wants it and Charlie even grooms her tumor for her. It's ratty love at it's finest. And makes me incredibly happy :heart:
I'm not sure if the tumor pics might bother some people so I will put them in spoiler. I do want to show them.
When she was younger:
Sept62009017Small.jpg

P1060471Small.jpg

[spoiler:4ryvtj1d]
P1060470Small.jpg
[/spoiler:4ryvtj1d]

Yes Jo it really does. There are days where she feels more elderly but most of the time she's chipper.

Back