Feral kitten (rip sweet girl)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg she is gorgeous :D .

Im sure she will come around in no time :) .

We have fostered and tamed many feral kittens over the years and so far we have only had one boy who never tamed completely.

Good luck with her and if you would like to know anything about our ferals, then just ask :) .

You will have no problem with a 5 week old kitten.....anything under 12 is pretty easy. Kind of like a new rat....lots of handling......I even use the down the shirt trick with kittens and wear them.......

she's very pretty, we recently lost our Percy (Persephone too) happy to hear the name :heart: I don't have any experence with ferals just a bit with barn cats which was have lots of patience with them :) she's a calico right? my sister once had a calico girl who had lots of attitude and even bit once. Good luck, she's a very lucky kitty
here's a link (not sure if posted already) http://www.messybeast.com/feralkit.htm

i know how you feel... I have a feral cat that me and my family got when we were in Alaska.

DSC00583.jpg

of course she was a kitten when we got here. She is about 10 years old now. I would also sugest a good suply of bandaids.

So far she has not tried to hurt us once. Tonight we had her playing, going after a string and running after a ball. She's also been sleeping on us a lot. She will go from Scott to me. :joy:
She looks so young... she doesn't clean herself at all, her fur is dirty. I need to bathe her but I don't want to do it right away.
I need her to trust me more.

jorats said:
She's been named Jazz and seems to be doing very well. When she sleeps on us, she'll roll over on her back and stretch. :heart:

thats a good sign, she has accepted you as friend! no cat would ever expose there belly other wise.

Jazz is not doing good. Last night, she started to vomit and have diarrhea. She hasn't stopped vomiting through the night and this morning. She's very weak and meows a lot. She also has completely stopped eating. She's going to the vet today at 1pm. My heart is breaking for this wee girl.

Jazz is not doing good. Last night, she started to vomit and have diarrhea. She hasn't stopped vomiting through the night and this morning. She's very weak and meows a lot. She also has completely stopped eating. She's going to the vet today at 1pm. My heart is breaking for this wee girl.

I have not posted on here about my babies because everything is so hectic here, and it has been a heartbreaking, heartbreaking week. I am praying for your little one. Trust me I know what you are going through all too well, I hope you don't loose her.

Back