Feeling lonely and anxious? Wanna share thoughts?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconeswatch

Hey guys,

How is everyone? I dont know if I could share this here - I just wanted to breath a little.
17.gif

I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I begin to ruminate things when this Covid19 started, especially during lockdown. I have this feeling that it is unsafe to go out, thinking what if the person I meet is infected, what if the places I go is contaminated. I also feel it is unsafe to have the vaccine even it is approved and rolled-out to the public. I am really worried of what will happen tomorrow. How can we survive all of these things?

I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe...
2.gif

Did you also feel the same way?

I do a lot of the times...it's not always first thing on my mind, but is always lurking. Going to work when I could work remotely is the worst. I have to wear a mask almost the whole time I am there, as its a small crowded office and my coworkers don't really get it. They like to bug me for wearing a mask but I have also seen how one coworker cannot figure out how to wash her hands as directed. I mean how much instruction do you need?? Do not lather your hands UNDER running water, you are supposed to lather up and scrub your hands let the lipids break up any virus on your hands then rinse it off with water. She also goes to see her kids (and their kids) regularly like weekends you don't need to socially distance, only during the week? Agggh.
I am happy to wait for the later vaccines but I'll be getting one for sure. I have a 90 year old mom that I used to visit every month for a weekend that I haven't seen since mid-February. I don't have a car and my brother (who lives with and cares for her) used to drive down to pick me up, so that isn't happening.

I don't sleep well anymore, today being a case in point. I've been up since 1 am after passing out at 9 pm. LOL. I just took in some crazy neglected rat rescues so I have been trying to sort them out. Almost all of them have PTSD. :(

I just wanted to pop in and share that you’re not alone. ❤ Life is crazy and tragic sometimes, and the future is never certain.

My husband and I work in the equine health industry and have been considered “essential” since the beginning. We follow regulations and neither of us have been ill. My siblings are all employed within healthcare and will be required to be immunized. It’s a lot of wait and see, which I understand can be a deep grievance to many; this effects my sister, an RN, greatly.

I’ve personally been living with PTSD and major depressive disorder for quite some time. I absolutely 100% empathize with you and how you’re feeling right now. It’s okay that you feel this way. Know that time will pass, things will change, and you will be able to handle it. You’re strong and, although it’s hard, you’re making it in this crazy world. Keep on going and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.🥰

I do a lot of the times...it's not always first thing on my mind, but is always lurking. Going to work when I could work remotely is the worst. I have to wear a mask almost the whole time I am there, as its a small crowded office and my coworkers don't really get it. They like to bug me for wearing a mask but I have also seen how one coworker cannot figure out how to wash her hands as directed. I mean how much instruction do you need?? Do not lather your hands UNDER running water, you are supposed to lather up and scrub your hands let the lipids break up any virus on your hands then rinse it off with water. She also goes to see her kids (and their kids) regularly like weekends you don't need to socially distance, only during the week? Agggh.
I am happy to wait for the later vaccines but I'll be getting one for sure. I have a 90 year old mom that I used to visit every month for a weekend that I haven't seen since mid-February. I don't have a car and my brother (who lives with and cares for her) used to drive down to pick me up, so that isn't happening.

I don't sleep well anymore, today being a case in point. I've been up since 1 am after passing out at 9 pm. LOL. I just took in some crazy neglected rat rescues so I have been trying to sort them out. Almost all of them have PTSD. :(

I just wanted to pop in and share that you’re not alone. ❤ Life is crazy and tragic sometimes, and the future is never certain.

My husband and I work in the equine health industry and have been considered “essential” since the beginning. We follow regulations and neither of us have been ill. My siblings are all employed within healthcare and will be required to be immunized. It’s a lot of wait and see, which I understand can be a deep grievance to many; this effects my sister, an RN, greatly.

I’ve personally been living with PTSD and major depressive disorder for quite some time. I absolutely 100% empathize with you and how you’re feeling right now. It’s okay that you feel this way. Know that time will pass, things will change, and you will be able to handle it. You’re strong and, although it’s hard, you’re making it in this crazy world. Keep on going and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.🥰

It's been months since I practiced doing things in isolation and as time goes by, being anxious about different things has been growing slowly in me until now that I've felt the need to let everybody know of my struggles.

Thank you for sharing your own experience during this pandemic, I feel better now. I just felt alone fighting this situation, and your thoughts have helped me convince myself otherwise and that everyone is doing their best to cope up and to survive. Maybe I'm just overstressing myself with this situation we have as I'm aware that there are other people in the world now who are having it worse than me.

A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen.

Please be safe you all. Merry Christmas.

It's been months since I practiced doing things in isolation and as time goes by, being anxious about different things has been growing slowly in me until now that I've felt the need to let everybody know of my struggles.

Thank you for sharing your own experience during this pandemic, I feel better now. I just felt alone fighting this situation, and your thoughts have helped me convince myself otherwise and that everyone is doing their best to cope up and to survive. Maybe I'm just overstressing myself with this situation we have as I'm aware that there are other people in the world now who are having it worse than me.

A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen.

Please be safe you all. Merry Christmas.

I’m glad you feel a little better ❤️

I know that “it’s going to be okay” doesn’t take all your worries away. And, I hope my comment didn’t make you feel like what you’re experiencing isn’t important or valid. That wasn’t my purpose in the least. I was hoping to convey that there’s a community of survivors and support there when you need it.

If you ever need someone to talk to, rant to, or just to know there’s a person out there thinking about you; message me. I don’t mind.

Merry Christmas 🎄

I’m glad you feel a little better ❤

I know that “it’s going to be okay” doesn’t take all your worries away. And, I hope my comment didn’t make you feel like what you’re experiencing isn’t important or valid. That wasn’t my purpose in the least. I was hoping to convey that there’s a community of survivors and support there when you need it.

If you ever need someone to talk to, rant to, or just to know there’s a person out there thinking about you; message me. I don’t mind.

Merry Christmas 🎄
I will, thank you!

By the way, I also bumped into this page while I am reading about covid anxiety (Coronavirus Anxiety: Coping with Stress, Fear, and Worry - HelpGuide.org). This is a helpful and good read too.

I think it will be helpful to share too :)

Happy holidays!

I feel the same way. I am bothered if I have people around who dont even wear a mask and dont do social distancing. The rules are simple but why is it so hard for others to follow :confused:😓. Doing these things is not for oneself but for the whole community. I feel irritated to be honestly.

Is the vaccine safe? Im hesitant about it.

I feel the same way. I am bothered if I have people around who dont even wear a mask and dont do social distancing. The rules are simple but why is it so hard for others to follow :confused:😓. Doing these things is not for oneself but for the whole community. I feel irritated to be honestly.

Is the vaccine safe? Im hesitant about it.

I feel the same way - I am irritated too seeing people who cant follow simple protocol. Well yeah it is uneasy to be wearing masks for hours but if it is a mandated guideline - why cant we just follow for everyone's safety, right?

I won't be getting the vaccine - I feel it isnt safe even if it is FDA approved.

I feel the same way - I am irritated too seeing people who cant follow simple protocol. Well yeah it is uneasy to be wearing masks for hours but if it is a mandated guideline - why cant we just follow for everyone's safety, right?

I won't be getting the vaccine - I feel it isnt safe even if it is FDA approved.

I am hesitant about it too but the question is - if it is aint safe then why did FDA approved it, right?

I spend a lot of time in isolation anyway due to depression/anxiety/social anxiety. The only thing that gives any meaning to my life is my rats. My doctor certified them emotional support animals. In Canada, the law is pretty grey around this but it's better to have it than not have it.

I really can't wait to move to this new place I'm going.

It will be a hard move for me but hopefully I won't move again.

I am very used to being in the city and I was just starting to come out of my shell a little, due to my rats getting me out every day. It was my rats that helped me with my social anxiety in public.

I hope others are well too. The one thing that unites us all is our love of rats and that's a very special club imho. To honour and love a species that most people think are horrible is a testament to us as people.

I am hesitant about it too but the question is - if it is aint safe then why did FDA approved it, right?

I just found this in the fda website - "Development and Licensure of Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19 Guidance for Industry" . I am still reading it to fully understand the vaccine.

I spend a lot of time in isolation anyway due to depression/anxiety/social anxiety. The only thing that gives any meaning to my life is my rats. My doctor certified them emotional support animals. In Canada, the law is pretty grey around this but it's better to have it than not have it.

I really can't wait to move to this new place I'm going.

It will be a hard move for me but hopefully I won't move again.

I am very used to being in the city and I was just starting to come out of my shell a little, due to my rats getting me out every day. It was my rats that helped me with my social anxiety in public.

I hope others are well too. The one thing that unites us all is our love of rats and that's a very special club imho. To honour and love a species that most people think are horrible is a testament to us as people.

Hi @Big Schpog. Nice to know that your rats are there for you and relieves your anxiety. How many do you have? I got only one. I also felt stressed for the past weeks but I am feeling a bit better.
You will eventually enjoy your new place and so with your babies. And this bond warms our hearts.

I just found this in the fda website - "Development and Licensure of Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19 Guidance for Industry" . I am still reading it to fully understand the vaccine.

Hi @Big Schpog. Nice to know that your rats are there for you and relieves your anxiety. How many do you have? I got only one. I also felt stressed for the past weeks but I am feeling a bit better.
You will eventually enjoy your new place and so with your babies. And this bond warms our hearts.
HI Scones,

I have 3 girls. Big Schpog is the oldest and turning into a crotchety grandma rat who likes to find ways of sleeping away from her two younger mates. Then there's Queenie, a dwarf Black hooded Dumbo who is the smallest and the most dominant. Seeing her wrestling her two larger sisters is hilarious. Then, there's my ruby eyed Cream hooded top ear Simone the Sweet. Simone is a big girl, like Big Schpog but she is incredibly sweet and has a lick button that seems to be on constantly. Here is a video of all three of them.

I've suffered from Major Depressive Disorder since I was a teen. I was hospitalized for it in my late 20's after a terrible accident that destroyed my spine and hurt some of my organs very badly. I was hospitalized for a month. I have no bad stories about my hospitalization as I was cared for immensely by a great Psychiatrist and a great physician who did everything in their power to get me well again, and they did. Major Depressive Disorder comes with generalized anxiety, social anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. I have all of it. When I am under tremendous stress I have nasty panic attacks. Lately, I've been having them and they are horrible. I've had to call the paramedics twice in the last 2 weeks. I did end up going to the hospital so they could check my heart because my panic attacks are so bad, that I think I'm having a heart attack. My heart was tested (EKG and blood tests) and my heart is OK.

Panic attacks are the scariest, most uncomfortable thing I've dealt with. I never know when they're going to strike.

When I am not under severe environmental stress, my rats do relieve my anxiety. THey also get me out of bed in the morning and allow me some time in public as they are emotional support animals and ease my social anxiety while out in public.

I was just coming out of my shell a bit when the threat to evict was given to me if I didn't get rid of my rats. I would rather be homeless. I will not give them up for anything. They are my world.

Here's a video of Simone taken tonight. She just got a brand new Hammock but she loves to sleep on it, on my desk

Hey all, happy to hear that the ratties are giving a bit of comfort in this time. It is super challenging and it is absolutely okay to feel sad or down in this time. I think sometimes: please take your feelings seriously and be nice to yourself. If you need some time to have a bit of a rest (even if you are working from home) just take this. It is hard enough as it is. I've always heard: treat yourself like you'd treat your best friend. So please don't be hard on yourselves and angry if something doesn't work or you are not as concentrated as usual. In the Netherlands we now have a strict curfew (9 p.m. everyone needs to be inside) and everything is still closed. We have something which is called the Corona listen line. You can call a number to have a volunteer just listen to you speak about anything you'd like. It is absolutely amazing they do this. Luckily we had some sunrays coming out this week and it finally is feeling like spring again. I really wish you all well because you are such lovely people. Many hugs, Nynke

Back