Fall Colors *lots of pics*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
It was such a beautiful day today, Scott and I decided to bring Jax on a trail walk/hike. The colours were just amazing, I'm so glad I brought my camera. I made a few friends on the way, chickadees, grass snakes and a squirrel.

Here are the pics:

001_edited-1.jpg

004_edited-1.jpg

005_edited-1.jpg

006_edited-1.jpg

007_edited-1.jpg

008_edited-1.jpg

010_edited-1.jpg

012_edited-1.jpg

025_edited-1.jpg

Jax totally enjoyed it although he was really tired near the end.

Jax_edited-1.jpg

My little squirrel friend... he really wasn't pleased I was in his way of the seeds, he stayed in the tree impatiently waiting for me to leave, once in a while he would yell at me.

squirrel_edited-1.jpg

Squirrel2_edited-1.jpg

The chickadees didn't mind me one bit...

Chickadee2_edited-1.jpg

Chickadee_edited-1.jpg

Next... pics of a couple of grass snakes... they were so cute and really wanted to strike at me. lol
*warning to those that are scared of snakes, don't look at the last two pics* ...but they are really cute!

[spoiler:3dkgevkr]
snake_edited-1.jpg

snake2_edited-1.jpg
[/spoiler:3dkgevkr]

Great pics .... beautiful animals !!!
such a lovely squirrel, a brave chickadee, and nice to see snakes in the wild (where they belong imo).

Jax must be pretty amazing for wild animals to feel comfortable coming close.

How beautiful. :) Those are all so lovely, I think it's peak season in Ontario! I wish fall wouldn't move so quickly by.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

How the seasons fly, it's already autumn for you northern hemisphere dwellers. Seems like not so long ago people were discussing the snow.

We had a gorgeous weekend. Warm and sunny. I wish I was there with you, Jo. I'm jealous that I wasn't there feeling the chickadee on my hand. :cry4: Stunning pics of a beautiful hike. :heart:

The birdie! How adorable is that, that he takes food right from your hand. I am going to call you Snow White from now on.
:)

aern't the colours so AMAZING this year? I LOVE fall! but it always comes, and then goes too fast...
We've been seeing ALOT of snakes under the leaves too, and the squirels, aren't they chatty fellows this time of year!
Lucky you getting the chick a dees to feed from your hand, my son, and dogs move too fast :roll:

Isn't living in country breautiful???? :heart:

jorats said:
Next... pics of a couple of grass snakes... they were so cute and really wanted to strike at me. lol
*warning to those that are scared of snakes, don't look at the last two pics* ...but they are really cute!

That is not unusual. Those are garter snakes and they are quite the spastic little snakes. I won't touch those one for that reason. However, here in NS we have red belly snakes and green snakes as well, and both are so small that they are incapable of biting (or at least hurting) a human so I play with those all the time. In fact, I trust my ball python 100% more than any garter snake:p

Back