Fabric Addicts Anonymous

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rissa

For those of us who are fabric addicts I thought it would be neat to create a thread where we can post pictures and talk about the fabrics we have found and the best places to find fabrics online or offline :) You can take pictures of individual fabrics or for those of you who buy tons a group of fabrics at once. Also feel free to post your entire fabric collection. Please feel free to share sales / coupon codes with the group as well so we may continue to feed our addictions.

*Please try to keep your image sizes below 640X640 anything bigger is hard to view and stretches the forums out of shape*

I'll start it off with a fabric I found today at fabricland for 50% off! Its Cotton Canvas that I'll be using to make an apron.
polkar.jpg

Well, a good chunk of my fabric is from Eagle (thanks sistah!) but occassionally I do find tidbits on my own... Like this cute little number. It's actually a queen sized bed sheet. For 3 dollars!!!!

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

So cute. I plan to pair it with light blue fleece and a lighter colored green fleece.

Tomorrow I'll take and post more pics of more of my fabric. :D Since I officially have a sewing room now!!! :D

Edit: Also it is so wrinkly because A) It was laid out on my bed for the pics and B ) I forgot it even existed until this thread and it was under a pile of Alexis' jeans in our closet! LMAO. I'll have to iron again. :p

oh nice stuff :thumbup: sadly i have not bought any fabric in months :cry: but soon do want to start going out to look for some and what a great idea Cait! Sheets i never thought of it lol Value Village here i come!

I LOVE THIS!! :D :joy:
I dont have as much access to as much material unless i buy online (still 'window' shopping!), and money of course is always a factor! Well, im hoping to be able to buy some over the next few weeks to make things to sell on for profit.

I have some thats my favourite.. ill take a pic later ^^

I'm a huge fabric junkie, I sew for a living so my stash is huge. Mostly cotton wovens and knits as well as dyed bamboo velour. I'm thinking of making hammocks for my rats out of popular Amy Butler prints as well as Heather Ross. Here's my gallery of fabrics, although not all is in there; www.theclothcanoe.typepad.com/photos/fabrics.

As for where I shop, there's www.hyenacart.com and www.etsy.com, www.fabric.com, and then locally I buy from Fabricville here in Moncton and The Fabric Cupboard. There are loads more sites but I'll have to look in my favorites!

considering i have over 200 types of fabric, I won't post my whole collection hehe but will have to pick out my favorite print and post it soon...good idea for us sewing fiends!! :bow:

I only buy fleece fabric because I only sew rat hammocks. Therefore I'm a fleece addict. I never sewed anything in my life before until 2 years ago and I thought it would be fun to learn how to sew my own hammocks. When I have more time I think I'd like to get into other projects. I'm not sure what though. :lol2:

I moved like two blocks away from the Joann's I used to spend $30+ a month at (That was within the last 6months, since I started sewing again) but I haven't been there again because I don't have my bin of fabrics moved from my dad's and I haven't sewn much for a while... Plus I don't want to walk in there and go crazy and not be able to stop again! I do need to look thro and maybe use some of the fabics I already have before getting addicted to buying more :emb:

Anyway Fave fabrics...

100_8682.jpg

I really love this fabric for one of my ferrets, but I now see its not available anymore.. and I don't have much left :(

100_8683.jpg

These cupcakes I bought on two seprate trips because I forgot I got it before lol It'll make a full set tho!

100_8684.jpg

I fell in love with these butterflys online while browsing before the Black Friday sale but in-store I couldn't find them! I tried to explain what I was looking for and had them look for it, but no luck... I had to decided to go to the other Joanns AT The Mall because I wanted them that bad... It was more hellish then usual too :(

ooo its always good to have a bag/bin of scraps lying around. I use them to temp-stuff projects i am working on so i can get a good picture of what they will look like when im finished.

My favourite material for hammock making
2010_0303ball0007.jpg

and i made a little thing to keep my pens in for school - nothing special but i couldnt find one i liked in a shop, and its only to hold pens in lol
2010_0303ball0008.jpg

Lahlahlahlahlah... I can't hear you..... lahlahlahlahlah

You guys have NO IDEA how much I love fabric and what's worse is how much I got. Your stash is nothing compared to mine!

I've been desperately trying to get down but I cannot resist cute fabric. Impossible.

Its easier to resist fabric when I'm all the way up here in the okanagan, but anytime I go to the states my sister automatically goes "so we are going to Joanns today?" and I go yep!!! and then I stop at the walmart in bellingham on my way home just to see what they have, and then if I'm going into richmond I stop at fabricana, ahahaha. I found a picture I took of my stash all neatly folded. It sure doesn't look like much folded
P1020152.JPG

And the new fabrics I got on my last trip to the states:
P1020115.JPG

Just a quick note that this is just a thread to show off your fabric and whatnot, not to advertise your hammock stores. There's plenty of space for that over in the Garage Sale section. :thumbup: Don't want this to turn into some sort of advertising competition or some such. Thanks for understanding!

Cait said:
Just a quick note that this is just a thread to show off your fabric and whatnot, not to advertise your hammock stores. There's plenty of space for that over in the Garage Sale section. :thumbup: Don't want this to turn into some sort of advertising competition or some such. Thanks for understanding!

For the record I wasn't advertising. I thought i'd be easier for people to see them all there instead of putting up 20+ pictures.

Back