Escapee - Help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattykins

So - Mouchette has figured out that she can squeeze between the bars of the FN (I'm not sure how exactly - she's pretty plump...but she's always out and about) and seems to like to run around the apartment. I don't mind for the most part, she hasn't chewed anything, just explored, and has but I worry about it when I am not home...So I've been keeping her in my little cage when I'm not home.

Problem is, my little cage is too little for Mouchette. It's a two storey gerbil cage - one that I have lying around, and it kills me to see her in there, but I don't have any other choice at the moment.

Does anyone have any advice to give? A way to rat-escape-proof the FN, or a place to buy (or borrow) a cheap rattie cage to house 2 or 3 until she grows enough to not fit through the bars (she's about 5 months now)?

Thanks!!!

People have cut wire, and cable tied it to the outside of their FNs.
I'm sure there are pictures on here ..

or you could save up for a critter nation cage.

The inexpensive cages are 2nd hand rabbit cages and they would not contain her either.
A martins cage would be good but they are not inexpensive either.

Oh boy, she might be one of those that will always be flexible enough to fit through the bars. My Bunny is almost 8 months old and she still squeezes out of her FN. Luckily she doesn't go anywhere except visit the older rats in the FN beside hers.
You might want to permanently modify your FN with wire mesh.

Back