Emmalina - '05 - 12/19/07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

I had my beloved Emma PTS today. :(

I got Emma and her sister, Tosca, from a lady who posted on Craigslist and they were to be friends for Milly (RIP). They were being kept in a 10 gallon tank with a topper and being fed mouse food, so I'm glad I got them.

They both had respiratory issues when I got them and never quite fully recovered from them but they both lived great lives. Emma was a silly girl, she would try and pull big boxes into a small cat scratching post I have. She would get so frustrated when she couldn't fit them in or I pulled them back to where they were. :lol:

She developed a tumor on her lower stomach but it never bugged her much. She then had, what we thought, was a stroke. But she recovered from that very quickly but was never quite herself. She started acting odd again so we thought she may have had another stroke, but I guess she had a PT. :( Despite meds she just couldn't get over it and was getting worse and worse.

Emma touched many people, my dad even cried when we brought her into the vet, and he never ever cries. I'll miss you my sweet girly. :cry:

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

So sorry to hear Emma has gone to the bridge.Some decision are hard to make but we have to look at the positive. she had a wonderful life with you and now she is with her other friends and family at Rainbow Bridge. No more respiratory problems and tumor. Just a perfect life to now live. She was a beautiful rat.

Ann

I'm so sorry. I was hoping she'd get better, it seems her will was so much healthier than her body. You both tried and now you can know you have done all you could to give her back her freedom.
Run healthy & joyfully beautiful girl....

Back