Emma: Approx Dec '05 - April '08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

What can I say about Emma?

Emma..... was my beauty queen. But, she faded into the background. Where her sister Maggie was shining in the spotlight, Emma sang backup. She never had nicknames, she was too dignified. She was simply Miss Emma.

When she hit 2ish and was still doing so well, I really thought I might have a girl hit 2.5 years old, maybe even three. Well.... 28 months is pretty good. I got her around this time 2 years ago, actually.

My forever gorgeous girl, with the interesting marking on her face that never changed and no one could ever quite make heads or tales of. And the best Christmas mascot I've ever had.
xmastreeandrats003.jpg

xmastreeandrats001.jpg

Early days home... stealing daddy's jerky.
103.jpg

Cuddly beast.
August2007775.jpg

Pretty nose
RatsandNutmeg-July07161.jpg

Relaxing with Maggie, near the end of Maggie's life. They were so SO bonded.
RatsandNutmeg-July07153.jpg

My favourite picture of her ever, February 2008.
Feb92008212.jpg

Photos never really caught her beauty. The only ones to ever come close were the Santa hat ones, I think.

She left around 9 p.m to join Maggie ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=630&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=maggie ) at the rainbow bridge. Maggie will be so, so happy to have her back.

I am so sorry. She really does look special -- beautiful colouring and a sweet face. It sure is hard losing a beloved rat so soon after her second birthday. Take care.

I'm so sorry moon, she's free of any sickness and pain, and rejoined with Maggie once again. I'm sorry for your loss, it's been a rough week for all of us it seems :( *hugs*

Really, thank you so much everyone. I cried a lot at Maggie's passing, less so at Emma's. But I am much emptier now having lost her. I fear she was my heart rat and I never knew it. *cry*

Back