Emergency spay - UPDATE and pic of Miss Kalila

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, she's home with me now. Poor little girlie, is pretty wiped out. I think I probably would have been amazed otherwise, at her age and all she's been through. :sad3:

She'll be on Baytril, Metacam and Cefa...I mixed it in some A/D, babyfood and Ensure. She had a bit, the drug herself back in the igloo. :sad3: The vet didn't seem too concerned, but I do see some infection still oozing from her private parts. WHAAA :cry3: They did say she had secondary infection in there as well. So I think she has a long road to recovery. I just hope that by the time her momma comes to pick her up on the 16th, she'll be feeling much better and she'll never know all her witto darling went through to recover. :sad3:

ok, well false alarm on the oozing infection. The vet tech neglected to tell me they put a bit of antibiotic cream (Silvadiazine) in "there"...and of course, it can look just like infection goo.

I'm always just amazed how resiliant these little angels are. Kalila is no exception. Last night, poor little thing was really out of it, laying on her side and breathing like she wasn't feeling well at all. I'm sure a spay at 2 1/2 (along with a nasty internal infection) was very hard on her. I kept checking on her several times before nodding off to sleep.

I woke up this morning at 4 to check on her. Her bowl of A/D, babyfood, Ensure (laced with her antibiotics and metacam) was licked clean! Her bowl of cooked pasta, peas, corn, cantelope, soy yogurt and avacado was almost empty. :nod: I looked in the igloo and there was Kalila, sitting up and gazing out (she's blind from cataracts...so I'm sure she was more "listening" to me). YAY!!! :bunnydance:

I woke up at 7am to hear her drinking from the water bottle, with was the furthest from the igloo, so she's definitely up and about. And she even had the strength to go to one of the corners to poo.

I talked with her momma this morning, who is just so happy to hear her baby girl is on the mend!

I just got this pic of dear little Kalila happily snacking on a piece of cheese.

Kalila.jpg

She's doing so well today. I'm just giving her anything she wants to eat. I have a feeling she'll be a few grams heavier when her mom comes to pick her up. :wink:

Awwwwww, that looks identical to my dear departed Magical Midnight's "food makes me happy" face lol! Such a sweetie! She deserves a few extra grams-by-spoiling.

Yay! I'm so happy that Miss Kalila is on the road to recovery. Give her some extra cuddles for me.

Thanks again for all the well wishes!

Kalila rejoined her 3 friends this afternoon. She had taken to bar chewing in her hospital carrier, and it was time. She's just doing so well. Her friends were happy to see her and promptly felt the need to mark her head. :rant:

Back