Eli - ??? – April 3, 2011 Always in my Heart :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:sad3: I am deeply sorry for your loss! What a heart stealer, Eli was! :heart: He left, as has been posted over and over here, in the best possible way! Beside his love with every comforting smell and touch helping to usher him quietly on to the path...

My thoughts are with you! :hugs:

I am so sorry hun :( What a beautiful trbute to such an amazing best friend. I'll always remember Eli, for many many years. The last picture you posted touched my heart so deeply, although so unbelievably sad, it's beautiful at the same time. Rest Peacefully Eli, watch over your Mama :heart:

Poor sweet Eli..... :sad3:
What a lovely tribute for a little man rat that had such a difficult life.
When I first saw pix of Eli, I fell in love with Nakies.
I have my sweet Olive as a result.
Thank you for sharing Eli with us.
I am sure that if Eli could've talked he would have said, "Thank you Mom for giving me a chance and loving me unconditionally."
:hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss-but I'm impressed by your after life ritual. Not many would go that far for an animal-it just proves that you loved him and still want the best for him in his afterlife.

As I said in chat, I was so shocked to hear of his passing. He was the first ratty I saw when I joined the shack and always thought of him as a mascot for the forum. He started out in horrible circumstances, but felt love and care like no other and got to pass on beside his favorite person; what a simply perfect and peaceful way to leave - I hope I am as lucky.

Rest in Peace little Eli, for now you are whole again

Eli's story is so touching... and he's so lucky to have spent his last days with you.

So sorry he had to go, but he'll be remembered by everyone here, I'm sure!
:sad3:

I am so very sorry!

Eli's gentle soul touched us all, no wonder you were so close, two peas in a pod, really, two gentle loving souls.

I am so sad for you. I know you'll always hold him close in your heart but I know, too, how hard it is not to be able to hold him in your arms.

my heart goes out to you, dear friend. such a very sad day.

Rest in peace Eli.

Awww, sweet Eli. He was a special rat for many people - I came to think naked ratties were cute by following his story (sorry, but I didn't before!) We were all very concerned when he became agressive, and relieved when he mellowed again. I'm sure it will be tough not having him there, your constant companion. He loved you so much though that he gave you the greatest gift, and just quietly slipped away. You can see how many people he touched here in this thread - one of a kind...

I am so sorry. Eli was indeed a very special boy. I always enjoyed reading updates about him and looking at his pictures. He is going to be dearly missed. Again, I am sorry for you loss :hugs:

Very sorry to hear the news, Shelagh.
He really was special and you gave him the best life that anyone ever could!!!

Oh Eli :tearful:

I'm so sorry Shelagh. :sad3:

He had such a wonderful life with you. If every little face on the planet could be so lucky to have such a devoted and able rat mom the world would be a much happier place. :heart:

Its touching that he passed, by your side, in peace and comfort. I have no doubt that Eli died in his exact preferred location and that his passing was gentle. :rose:

He could not have parted in a more wonderful way... next to his alltime favorite human. :heart:

God took exceptional care of Eli's departure and I am grateful that you were spared any suffering he might otherwise have felt in his last few days. :hugs:

Eli died in the warmth of your presence and the joy of your unconditional love.

His way to the bridge was already secured... and I'm sure he gave all his travel money to the less fortunate.

A little king in his own, precious, right.

Eli will be with you always. :love6:

Back