Elevage de Rats a Laval?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many things wrong with that ad I don't know where to start. Did I read correctly that they are affiliated with le Berger Blanc?

Unless I've drastically messed up my translation, it's a rescue litter from Berger Blanc... I'll translate the important parts of the ad.

"The breeder (rearing/breeding/rat farm) Sambou, located in Laval, welcomes a litter of baby rats (rescued? I presume it's franglais, because there's no equivalent in the Petit Robert French/English) from Berger Blanc. Born the 19th of February, they're ready for adoption.
"Springtime Special: adopt one rat and the second is half price! (of the same litter)

"Advantages of Rats:
-- It is ideal for young children as a first rodent because it is very easy to tame and handle. It is reputed to be one of the few rodents that doesn't bite.
-- It requires very little upkeep. Cleaning its cage 1-2 times a week takes only 30 minutes of your time and changing water/food takes less than 5 minutes a day.
-- Unlike most rodents, it gives off very little smell.
-- You can very easily teach it tricks like begging, recognizing its name, teaching it an agility course etc. The rat is a very intelligent animal.
-- It will return on its own to its cage, can do its business in a litter box and loves falling asleep in the warmth of your arms.

All our babies are raised with love and passion, that's why we reserve the right to refuse any adopter who is ill-informed or wishes to feed the baby to a reptile.

Will post the second half in just a minute.

With any rat you adopt from us, you receive:
1. A birth certificate comprising pedigree (no family tree for rescues), a photo and a space for its name
2. A certificate of health valid for one month
3. An Ivermectin treatment
4. A bag of treats
5. A 100g bag of Rat-Chow (the highest quality food for a rat)
6. Transport box/container
7. An information guide about rats and our business card (upon request)
8. A toy with the mother's scent
9. A fur toy

Available rats:
Males:
M2: black (star on forehead) bareback (variegated?) smooth dumbo
Females:
F5, F6: Brown (tobacco) (star on forehead) capped smooth dumbo

I'm not 100% sure I got the translation of the markings right - sadly rat markings aren't really covered in the Petit Robert! So any francophones who've dealt with colors in french let me know what I've got wrong.

I think you did a great job translating :)

for the M2 description, they are saying "raté" which in a rat marking context would mean "mismarked"
M2-noir étoilé bareback raté lisse dumbo

M2: black (star on forehead) bareback (MISMARKED) smooth dumbo

ugh... I didn't know Berger Blanc took in exotics... this is who they are: http://www.montrealmirror.com/wp/2011/0 ... ting-room/

It sounds like they know little about rat care (Rat Chow is a crappy food, they don't need toys scented like their mom, should go in pairs, etc.) There are many other reputable rescues in the city that I would trust before I would adopt from these guys (the SPCA (various), Eleven-Eleven, Le Refuge), this looks more like a breeder ad.

Back