Eleana has joined her family on the other side

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlene

There is a huge hole in my heart today. I lost my little Eleana yesterday after a brave attempt on her part to overcome her illness.

Eleana had surgery on 9/5/07 to remove a tumor in her iguinal area. It was the second she had had in that area about a year before. Considering her age, we are afraid to remove it, but if we didn't then we would have had to euthanize her in a very short time because of where the tumor was. She bounced back from the surgery but soon developed a respiratory infection which went into pneumonia. She fought it with every ounce of her strength, but continued to decline until she could fight no longer.

Eleana and I made the final trip to the vet's office yesterday and we released her from her tired, worn out body. Eleana was one of the most determined, strong, stoic rats I've ever had. For such a little girl, she had a huge presence. She was the last of Nemo's second litter, the end of an era. She is survived by her two half sisters. I will miss this little rat girl very much.

Eleana0019.jpg

Every goodbye post makes me sad, I cry when I knew a kid or if the post is especially heat-tugging. I cried for your loss of Eleana and it wasn't your post and I didn't 'know' her. Maybe her picture? Maybe there's certain kids you would have loved special had you known them and now you feel a touch of their spirit when they are spirit..
I donno. She is your baby. Yeah, I think she is special.
I'm so sorry.

Back