Einstein & Rubeus! My Two Old Men Enjoying some Dinner!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

So I have two old men who are both over 2. Well their cage mates are starting to steal the lab blocks right out of their mouths and they are not fighting back for them. They also are not really that interested in lab blocks so I have started to give them some private time to eat some softer foods. So each night I put them in the lower half of the FN and close off the rest of the boys in the top. Well they looked so cute the other night I decided I better snap a few shots. I don't know how much longer they will be with me but I love them like crazy. Einstein is the blue and Rubeus is the Agouti.

DSCN1518.jpg

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg

And the funny one....Hey whatcha doin down there? No Fair! Hows come you get food n we don't......

DSCN1525.jpg

Staci

So sweet! You can see it in their fur, old men for sure. But oh so cuddly!!

That is part of my dilemma right now too. Same with Nickelrat.
Here we thought we were so smart, having some babies with adults but then, many months later, our adults are old rats and the babies are adults. Sure they are bonded and are usually good to each other but now the old rats are struggling for their food.
So right now for my in my crew of oldies, I have two that are just getting fat off the yummy extra foods I feed the rest. Out of 9, 7 need their yummies.

I think in the future, I'll have to set a limit of how old I can have the rats living together. sigh...

Ya Jo I was going to just add yummy foods to the entire cage but I already have 2 boys who are way too over weight and I just did not want to put any more weight on them so that is why I am feeding the oldies seperate each night.

Staci

Handsome little men!
Sounds like they are being catered to and appreciating it.

I hope you have a long healthful loving time left together! That means more picturess :p (selfish grin)

Back