Eeks! VAGINAL DISCHARGE after spay.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my Bijou, the smell was fishy and it was thick the discharge but since your girl is still having some discharge, I would keep her on Baytril for a month at the least.

Hi @jorat !!!

Sorry...I forgot to mention. She has been on Baytril and Doxy for the past month and a half. She was on that for the discharge. When I realized it wasn't helping, I was going to stop Baytril/Doxy and start Amox...but she has been having congestion sounds lately...so the vet recommended I keep her on Baytril/Doxy while I did the Amox.

She is still on Baytril/Doxy. I don't think it helps for her discharge OR her congestion. :(

Amox seemed to work with just the smell of the discharge.

hi @lilspaz68 ! :)

My rattie got diarrhea the entire time on Amox. Is it alright to put her on long term if that is the case? I just worry about dehydration long term.

It wasn't the CRAZY runs (all liquid)....but it was definitely diarrhea. I had her on probiotics the entire time, but it didn't seem to help with the runs. :(

If it's not a big deal, then I will definitely put her back on the Amox! :D
Let me know your thoughts!

thank youououou!!!
:urock:

Personally, I would probably just keep doing baytril. But if you do continue with amoxi, you could try adding probiotics to her food.

Back